[Pt2024] Get Moving Station-- Volunteers Needed!

Edwards, Emily ekedwards1110 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Mar 22 17:58:04 EDT 2023

Lauren Burke sent me this email!

My name is Lauren Burke, I am a public health and PA student at Campbell.
We are organizing a health fair for a local native american tribe that will
take place at the Coharie Tribal Center in Clinton, NC on April 29th.  The
event will be from 10 am - 3 pm and we'll probably need people from 9:30 -
3:30 pm so we can set up and break down. We are most likely going to try to
make a carpool list closer to the event. I would say having 5 PT volunteers
would be great. We also would potentially need one PT faculty to come along
to oversee students if they wanted to do anything clinical related at the
healthfair. We were hoping that PT students and a faculty member could have
a table of their own at the healthfair and do some interactive activities
with the kids that come. I'm sure we could do some interactive activities
with adults as well. We are open to the PT students guiding what they do at
the table as well!

Get Moving Station
How to build in more physical activity with friends and family
Fun activities: hula hoop, jump rope, 4 square, hopscotch, tik tok dance,
soccer, etc.
Maybe handouts of simple workouts to do indoors with no equipment needed?
Thanks for all your help so far and let me know if I can answer any other
questions!

Leburke1222 at email.Campbell.edu is Lauren’s email if you would like to
volunteer!!

*Emily K. Edwards*
Doctor of Physical Therapy Student
Campbell University *College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences*
Class of 2024 Student Government President
Cellphone: 919-796-9600