[Pt2024] Welcome Back from PRIDE and First Meeting of the Semester

Van Cleave, Kristyn ksvancleave0703 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:24:34 EST 2023

Hello CPHS!

I hope everyone has had a great start to their spring semester.  My name is
Kristyn Van Cleave and I am the president of PRIDE in Healthcare.  If you
haven't heard of us yet, in a nutshell, PRIDE is an organization that
provides education on the LGBTQIA+ population's experiences with healthcare
and encourages discussion on how to give these patients better care.  We do
this through activities and presentations given from within the
organization as well as from guest speakers that we bring in.

We are kicking off the semester by bringing in guest speaker Dr. David R.
Tillman.  Dr. Tillman serves as Chair of the Department of Public Health,
where he is also an associate professor.  He will be speaking about
LGBTQIA+ health and cultural humility.  We are honored to have Dr. Tillman
in our meeting!

The meeting will be Thursday, February 2, at 6:30 pm via Zoom.  The link is
below.
https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/97879150106

Please reach out with any questions.  I look forward to "seeing" you there!

Warmly,
Kristyn Van Cleave, SPT
Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2023
Admissions Liaison, Class of 2023
President, PRIDE In Healthcare
APTA NC Oncology Student & New Professional Subcommittee School Rep
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers