[Pt2024] Exam 1 remediation and looking ahead

Green, David J dgreen at campbell.edu
Fri Jun 10 11:20:39 EDT 2022

Hello all,

I had intended to send this message to the students who needed to remediate after the first round of exams (and their advisees), but ultimately, I think everyone could benefit.

Some of the common themes that I gleaned from your corrective action plans were that time management was an issue, or even if you spent a lot of time, it could have been used more effectively. Preparing for a basic science exam requires a great deal more effort than you may have anticipated. A little bit of review and studying each day is all but required, whereas trying to play catch-up in the few days before an exam is going to be a difficult strategy to maintain. This course moves very quickly and each lecture builds lots of new content - organization and time management are paramount. I have posted a video to Blackboard, which I recorded for the DO's back in January. Some of it will not be pertinent (e.g., how the course would run during the omicron surge), but the bulk of the video is about study strategies, particularly for musculoskeletal-heavy units.

I also recognize that head and neck material was new to many of you. To that end, we can rest assured that we are now beginning units where the material is hopefully more familiar. Moreover, having gone through one round of exams, you should now have a much clearer sense of the expectations. I tried to outline everything you should expect before the exams, but I do recognize that sometimes you just have to experience them to fully grasp the scope. Thankfully, we have 3 more sets of exams, which seems daunting at first, but they will provide ample opportunity to make up any lost ground. We also have a full slate of tutors and TA's in place, so do take advantage of these resources! These individuals may not be content experts in every regard, but they were successful in this course and can offer invaluable insights for effectively and efficiently tailoring your preparation.

Of course, you are always welcome to make an appointment with me or any of the other faculty, as needed.

Best wishes,

Dr. Green

--

David J. Green, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anatomy

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D87B33.998EA2C0]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-7882.