[PT2021] Multiple Pelvic Floor Provider openings in eastern NC - Jacksonville, NC

Ennis, Rachel F ennisr at campbell.edu
Mon Jul 18 11:17:41 EDT 2022

The below is being sent on behalf of Kira Boyd, PT, MSPT, ATC-Ret CEO/Clinic Director/Partner

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning,

Synergy Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine located in eastern NC (Jacksonville) is hiring for 3 additional Pelvic Rehab PTs to join our team due to tremendous demand for these specialty services in our area.

We are seeking individuals with a background in orthopedics with the advanced specialty of Pelvic Health training. Sports Medicine, Strength and Conditioning, or Pilates/Yoga experience a plus! We are willing to consider new grads who have already taken a level 1 Pelvic Floor course and/or had a clinical in the specialty of Pelvic Health - so please share this with any student you may be working with too. On site 1:1 Mentorship is available.

We are a low volume, 1:1 insurance-based clinic. All treatments are 1:1 with licensed clinicians only - no use of techs for care delivery. We do employ techs to help us with non skilled tasks and workflow such as greeting patients and getting them back to treatment rooms, cleaning rooms/changing linens between patients, all laundry and clinic cleaning tasks, taking vitals as needed upon arrival, and other admin tasks PRN.

We have 5 private treatment rooms , 2 large functional gym areas, and a large private PT office and employee break room.

Equipment available includes: Elliptical, treadmill, 2 bikes, UBE, TRX, 2 Pilates reformers, Pilates split pedal chair, barbell/squat rack, kettlebells, plyo boxes, BOSU, agility ladders, weight bench, VIPR training devices, etc).

We also have cold laser therapy, Vaso pneumatic compression device, 2 Prometheus biofeedback units for estim/biofeedback training, and general estim for IFC/premod, etc. We are not heavy with modality use and tend to focus more on manual therapy, progressive functional training, and patient education.

Our patient population consists primarily of younger active individuals between the ages of 18-45. We do see some seniors/elderly patients but that is usually 15% of less of our caseload. We are located in the same area as Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and New River Air Station so we do see a lot of referrals of active-duty male and female Marines, Sailors and even Coast Guard service members at our clinic. It is a great way to integrate the pelvic health specialty with orthopedics/sports medicine. So many of these patients also have orthopedic impairments and are tactical athletes that have to return to higher level physical fitness and lifestyle demands.

Even within our non-active-duty patient population we have a lot of athletes, especially runners, weightlifters, cross fit participants who seek us out for specialty PFPT services. Onslow county, where Jacksonville is located, has the highest birth rate per capita in all of NC and alot of that relates to having the military family population in our area that are of childbearing age.

If you like treating younger active, men and women of childbearing age,  love working with pregnant and post-partum women, or want to continue to utilize orthopedic/sports medicine skills every day while also working with a pelvic health population check us out.

The most common diagnoses are post-partum rehab after vaginal and cesarean birth, diastasis recti, LBP/pelvic pain during pregnancy, prolapse, dyspareunia, pelvic pain in men and women, and urinary incontinence. We do also see individuals who have suspected/confirmed endometriosis, painful bladder syndrome/IC, bowel dysfunction, and pre/post op (hysterectomy, vasectomy, prostatectomy, etc).

There is the opportunity to see a caseload of all genders but that is not required. We do not provide pediatric pelvic health services and do not plan to expand to that specialty.

Our Pelvic Health providers are eligible for CE bonus or specialty pay bonus above and beyond our standard pay scale depending on how many Pelvic Rehab specialty courses they have completed and what additional courses we would recommend that would be helpful related to our patient population.

Opportunities also exist to offer paid community workshops on select topics such as Return to Run Post partum, Birth Prep, etc. We are also developing and growing our self-pay Wellness services including post discharge personal training, massage therapy, community classes, small group training, yoga/meditation classes to offer more services to our community.

Our practice was started by myself and my husband almost 10 years ago after I got burned out with the high volume, corporate setting of PT. We are proud to have been recognized as the Best of the Best Physical Therapy clinic in our area for the past 4 years we have been eligible for that designation and are nominated for it again this year.

We are also open to the opportunity of expansion to communities north, south and east of Jacksonville (Surf City, Holly Ridge, Hampstead, Sneads Ferry. Swansboro, Cape Carteret, Morehead City, New Bern and Newport, NC) if someone is seeking additional professional growth opportunities or a leadership/program director role in eastern NC.

I'd love to hear from you or any other colleagues you know who might be interested in this opportunity. Please feel free to share with others.

Thank you,

Kira

Kira Boyd, PT, MSPT, ATC-Ret

CEO/Clinic Director/Partner

Synergy Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine

233 Bell Fork Rd, Suite E

Jacksonville, NC 28540

910-238-2259

[Outlook-av0yuwgb.png][Outlook-adhb034i.png]

Rachel Ennis I Campbell University
Program Manager, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D89A97.FDE8C7E0]910.893.1720 l  Fax 910.814.5567 l Email: ennisr at campbell.edu<mailto:ennisr at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, Room 118
4150 US 421 South, Lillington, NC 27546
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506
[cid:image004.png at 01D89A97.FDE8C7E0]
Like us: www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org<mailto:accreditation at apta.org>; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910 893-1720.