[PT2021] NPTE Early Testing

Weaver, Priscilla pweaver at campbell.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:00:56 EDT 2021

Class of 2021,
I hope clinicals are going well and you continue to prepare for your exam. Rachel will be asking your class who has an interest in taking the exam early and then ensure the students meets the criteria up to this point followed by purchasing the PEAT for July.
Look out for her requests!
Dr. Weaver

Campbell University DPT Program NPTE Early Testing Criteria 2021
NPTE Early Test Date: October 17th, 2021
Students must register/pay for early NPTE by September 22, 2021
DPT Program faculty will determine if the student has met the criteria by September 1st, 2021. If not, the student will not be allowed to take the NPTE until after graduation.
Criteria:

  1.  Cumulative GPA >3.2
  2.  Good academic standing per CPHS Academic Bulletin-DPT Program
  3.  Complete ACE from Scorebuilders and submit proof of certificate to Rachel Ennis
  4.  Obtain a PEAT score of 610 or greater
  5.  Successful completion of DPT 802
  6.  Completion of 4 weeks of DPT 804 with no identified concerns
  7.  Student must seek approval for a 1 day only absence which counts toward the 3 days described in the Clinical Education Handbook attendance policy
  8.  There should be no further interruptions in time taken away from the clinical education experience to prepare for the NPTE
  9.  Student must successfully complete DPT 804 to graduate
  10. Student must successfully complete a minimum of 28 weeks to graduate

The department will purchase the two PEAT (two practice exams). Once you take the first exam you have 60 days to take the second exam. I have most often seen students take the first exam 60-90 days before the NPTE. The first exam helps guide studying and the second test is meant to be your greatest score. With that in mind, here are some possible timeframes for the PEAT. We would have a list of students who are qualified for the early testing based on the initial criteria and that have expressed an interest in taking the test early. We will ask for student names later.
Early Test Taking (October): PEAT first available in July so a student can take it in early July and again by the end of August before September 1st.
NPTE (January): PEAT available November so a student can take it in early November and again in December to prepare for the January test.
This is what I am estimating but open to feedback on best way to facilitate your studying.

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the DPT Class of 2021 group from campbell.edu. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/DPTClassof2021@campbell.edu/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=07c654af-9e1a-4bf0-9b48-cd685e886f00>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/DPTClassof2021@campbell.edu/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=07c654af-9e1a-4bf0-9b48-cd685e886f00>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>