[PT2021] 2021 Licensure Process

Ennis, Rachel F ennisr at campbell.edu
Mon Aug 16 14:05:07 EDT 2021

All,

We have seen your eagerness to start this process, we understand it's both an exciting and stressful time.  The start of the fall semester is when we always start communications in regards to licensure.  Below you will find the information that was originally sent to you by Dr. Weaver regarding the criteria you need to meet to test early as well as the process from NC for licensure. The criteria to test early still stands.

***** There is a lot of information below, read in its entirety please*****

This survey  has information about graduation week, and licensure. The information being asked is directly related to you being licensed so please fill this out.
This survey must be filled out by this Friday, August 20th at 5pm.  2021 Graduation/Licensure Survey Link<https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6VWza5zFuvLuF5s>

Criteria to test early:

  1.  Cumulative GPA >3.2
  2.  Good academic standing per CPHS Academic Bulletin-DPT Program
  3.  Complete ACE from Scorebuilders and submit proof of certificate to Rachel Ennis
  4.  Obtain a PEAT score of 610 or greater
  5.  Successful completion of DPT 802
  6.  Completion of 4 weeks of DPT 804 with no identified concerns
  7.  Student must seek approval for a 1 day only absence which counts toward the 3 days described in the Clinical Education Handbook attendance policy
  8.  There should be no further interruptions in time taken away from the clinical education experience to prepare for the NPTE
  9.  Student must successfully complete DPT 804 to graduate
  10. Student must successfully complete a minimum of 28 weeks to graduate

NC Board process:  (also sent to you by Dr. Weaver)
The NC Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (NCBPTE), the physical therapy licensure board in NC, now participates in the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) alternate approval pathway (AAP) for exam eligibility.  So what does that mean for the schools and their students who are seeking PT/PTA licensure in North Carolina?

  *   The student applies to the NC Board of PT Examiners at www.ncptboard.org<http://www.ncptboard.org>.
  *   The Program Director creates the cohort with FSBPT and adds the students by end of year 1. (Completed)
  *   The Program Director validates to the FSBPT that their students are on track to graduate (not any earlier than 150 days before graduation). (This will happen after the 4 weeks of DPT-804)
  *   FSBPT authorizes eligibility for the NPTE, and handles any special accommodation requests. ( you must contact the FSBPT if you need accommodations on the exam. They will send you a packet of documents that need to be completed, then it will go before the board for approval)
  *   ONCE THE STUDENT ACTUALLY GRADUATES the Program Director sends the Certification of Education form confirming the degree earned and the date the degree was conferred or the Registrar sends an official copy of the education transcripts to the NC Board of PT Examiners. Transcripts must include the degree earned information.  With either option, the documents can be sent together for all graduating program students.  NOTE: You do not need to send an education form prior to the date the degree is conferred. ( Please refer back to our process for transcripts ordering, the school will NOT be sending them)
  *   When the application is complete, it is forwarded to the NC PT Board for approval and licensure.

Please plan to have any documents that you need signed by the school for your licensure applications to me via email by November 1st. Make sure you have filled out all sections of personal information before sending.

****** You must make the subject line of your emails to me this: DPT 2021 state licensure These emails will be going into a specific folder so I can keep track of what is coming in easier.

The "certification of education" form you need to send to me for NC is found within the application. This is also where you will find the page to have your two character references sign.
As a reminder, all states are different in their licensure process and what documents they need. You are responsible for getting the necessary documents to me.

I am here for any questions you may have. You can also find all of this information under the licensure folder in BB for the DPT-794 course. I will place all email communications I send to you in that folder for easy access.

Rachel Ennis I Campbell University
Program Manager, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D79292.07C88020]910.893.1720 l  Fax 910.814.5567 l Email: ennisr at campbell.edu<mailto:ennisr at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, Room 118
4150 US 421 South, Lillington, NC 27546
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506
[cid:image002.png at 01D79292.07C88020]
Like us: www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org<mailto:accreditation at apta.org>; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910 893-1720.