[PT2021] Social Justice Hour - ZOOM LINK

Jones, Monique mdjones0617 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Sep 3 19:09:39 EDT 2020

Hey Friends!

We are all looking forward to next week's "interactive" session! We've
decided to *switch over to Zoom* to make that happen. Everyone is welcome
to come and participate, even if you have missed previous sessions!

Alrighty, so let's start putting things into a healthcare/PT context...*
Next Week's Topic is Healthcare Disparities/Inequities.* In preparation, we
have pulled together the following links. The poll + videos will
take about 20 minutes to complete.

First, please complete this anonymous poll
<https://forms.gle/w5nXMDHUykvx7gDe8>. We will discuss the results during
Thursday's session. *Please fill this out by Wednesday Evening, so that we
have time to review the results before the meeting. *

Then, watch these 3 short videos:

   - What is Health Equity, and Why Does It Matter?
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwBEkGurMiY> (4:17)
   - Does Racism Play a Role in Health Inequities?
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mudlev9tTIY> (6:39)
   - How can Providers Reduce Unconscious Bias?
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KoTi3LRBXI> (4:33)

As always, here is the google doc where you can see the session agenda and
submit questions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nBpFgy63AKLXdPVyGOC6OJSAtAIohl1YsIwIcklnOfg/edit>
at any time.

*P.S. We would love to see more of your lovely faces this time...can you
help us make these feel as "in-person" as possible?*

*Zoom Meeting Invite: *
Topic: Social Justice Hour - Healthcare Disparities
Time:* Sep 10, 2020 12:00 PM* Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/92982220170?pwd=OGVBT0E4dFIzM0JVMDl2MTUzc2xiQT09

Meeting ID: 929 8222 0170
Passcode: 5dB9g4

*See ya'll soon!*

*Monique' Jones,** SPT, HNC*
CPHS Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate
CU DPT Class of 2021 | Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Chair
mdjones0617 at email.campbell.edu

*"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for
others?'" - Martin Luther King, Jr. *