[PT2021] Important Communication about Upcoming Mini lottery for DPT 802 and 804 in year 2021

Shearin, Heidi shearin at campbell.edu
Thu May 7 16:20:49 EDT 2020

Dear Students,
As discussed, we are changing to a mini lottery for the DPT 802 and 804 clinicals next year.  This is to maximize our slots through early acceptance.  We are facing more slot attrition as other DPT programs begin calling their clinical partners to replace slots lost due to the COVID -19 pandemic.  The Qualtrics survey includes clinical  offerings for next year as received at this time.  Read all instructions carefully.  Remember that if you have a contract in place and it moves forward, that is your assignment.  Also, we anticipate obtaining more slots as we move into summer.  Many clinics are still recovering from restrictions and closures.  Many hospitals have advised that they cannot offer slots until at least August.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELECT A SLOT FROM SITES LISTED WITHIN THE SURVEY. HOWEVER, YOU STILL MUST COMPLETE IT.

Prior to the selection process, the Clinical Education Team wants to ensure that you can ask questions about the sites and learn more about different learning opportunities.  Therefore, we are providing 2 Q & A Sessions which are optional for your convenience.  Please save your questions for these sessions so all can benefit from the discussion.  A few helpful hints:

  *   Students should research companies on their websites.
     *   Since we are all offsite, refer questions about sites to DCE during our Q & A Sessions.

  *   If you are interested in a Pivot site, please look at their website https://www.pivotphysicaltherapy.com/locations/
     *   They have locations all up the east coast so a geographical preference may work for you as well
     *   Restrictions:
        *   DPT 802: Pivot cannot offer a slot in Fayetteville, Garner, Raleigh, Cary so please do not request these.
        *   DPT 804: Pivot cannot offer a slot in Fayetteville so please do not request this.

  *   If you are interested in an Upstream site, please look at their website   http://www.urpt.com/locations
     *   They have locations nationally so if this is important to you, please look at options.

  *   Q & A Session Schedule:
     *   You only need to attend one but are welcome in both.
     *   Sessions are not mandatory but they can offer insight on differences between clinics.
     *   Date/ Time:  Look for calendar invites.
        *   Monday, May 11th at noon EST
        *   Wednesday May 12th at 3:00  EST

The Qualtrics link for Mini Lottery can be accessed at: https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6M3rXjyTN37yL1H .  Please see the following criteria for the survey.

     *   Due date: Monday, May 18th at 8:00 am.
     *   We will not review submissions after this time as the Clin Ed team is meeting that morning for assignments.
     *   Slots not selected will be added into the next mini lottery.
     *   Slots can be rescinded by the site at any point.
        *   Should this occur, we will work with students impacted on alternate assignments.

In order to summarize the clinical options, Ms. Shewmaker has provided the following graphs for overview.  I recommend you look at companies off this list as we only want you to complete the Qualtrics one time.  So, read all instructions carefully and completely.  I look forward to your questions next week.  Enjoy your break.

Dr. Shearin, Dr. Eubanks, and Ms. Shewmaker

SLOTS AVAILABLE FOR 2021

DPT 802 April 5-July 23, 2021
Site Name
Setting
Cora Physical Therapy
10 Locations for GA Region
Beaufort, SC
Bluffton, SC
Downtown Savannah, GA
Islands, Savannah, GA
Midtown-Savannah, GA
Hinesville, GA
Pembroke, GA
Pooler, GA
Richmond Hill, GA
Rincon, GA
OP-General Orthopedics

Student can request a specific site location from GA Region listed in first column  but understand Cora PT could change location closer to clinical if CI becomes unavailable.
Cora Nashville NC
627 E Washington St
Nashville, NC. 27856
OP- General Orthopedics
Cora - Fuquay Varina
401 Attain Street, Suite 121
OP-General Orthopedics
Inspired Physical Therapy
21 Waterford Dr. #202
Mechanicsburg, PA
OP - General Orthopedics
Kinetic Physical Therapy Greenville
1540 East Arlington Blvd.
Greenville North Carolina(NC)
OP-Orthopedics Manual Therapy Focus
Liberty - Lee County
Sanford
Subacute
Liberty Commons of Johnston Co
2315 NC Hwy 242 N
Benson, NC. 27504
Subacute
Liberty Commons of Alamance
791 Boone Station Dr.
Burlington, NC  27215
704.288.9049
Subacute
Liberty Commons of Alamance
791 Boone Station Dr.
Burlington, NC  27215
704.288.9049
Subacute
MFA Carolina Rehab Center of Burke
3647 Miller Bridge Road
Connelly Springs, NC  28612
828.397.3144
Subacute
OPTM Physical Therapy of Saratoga
18780 Cox Avenue
Saratoga, CA
OP-General Orthopedics
Pivot Physical Therapy (Multiple Clinics)  (5 slots)
OP - General Orthopedics
Professional Rehab (Myrtle Beach Area) (4 Slots)
OP - General Orthopedics
Scotland Health Care System
500 Lauchwood Drive
Laurinburg, NC
OP-General Orthopedics Hospital based outpatient facility- mostly ortho, neuro, geriatrics/debility, some amputations, oncology, etc.
Select Physical Therapy - Greater Charlotte NC Region
OP - General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy - High Point
2766 Hwy 68 North NW Bldg, Unit #105
High Point, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy- Salisbury
1704 W Innes Street
Salisbury, NC  28144
OP-General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy - Lexington
714 South Main Street
Lexington, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy- Raleigh
2031 Smallwood Drive
Raleigh, NC
OP-Orthopedics Manual Therapy Focus
Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics (D1 PT)
10258 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, TN
OP-General Orthopedics/ Sports
Upstream - Nationwide (numerous sites available)

Sites already taken or asked Fayetteville, Garner, Cary and Raleigh
OP - General Orthopedics
VAMC Wilmington
1705 Gardner Road
Wilmington, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
DPT 804 August 2-November 19, 2021

SITE NAME
SETTING
Advanced Therapy Solutions Kids
2400 Winchester Place , Suite 102B , Spartanburg , South Carolina(SC) , 29301
OP- Pediatrics
Atrium - Carolinas Rehab - Charlotte Inpatient Therapy, 1100 Blythe Blvd, Charlotte, NC
IP-Neuro Rehab
Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient
909 N. Washington Ave
Dallas, TX 75246
OP- General Orthopedics
Blythewood Physical Therapy
428 McNulty St, Suite 3
Blythewood, SC  29016
OP-General Orthopedics
Cora - Fuquay Varina
401 Attain Street, Suite 121
Fuquay Varina, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
Duke Raleigh Hospital
3400 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC  27609
IP - Acute Care
GREGG OTT
Center for Physical Therapy & Sports Performance
449 N. Wendover Road, Suite B
Charlotte, NC  28211
704.366.7723
OP - General Orthopedics
Kinetic Physical Therapy Greenville
1540 East Arlington Blvd. Greenville North Carolina(NC)
OP-Orthopedics Manual Therapy Focus
Liberty - Lee
310 Commerce Drive
Sanford, NC
Subacute
Liberty Commons of Johnston Co
2315 NC Hwy 242 N
Benson, NC. 27504
Subacute
MFA Belaire Health Care Center
2065 Lyons St.
Gastonia, NC 28052
704.867.7300
Subacute
OPTM Physical Therapy of Saratoga
18780 Cox Avenue
Saratoga, CA
OP-General Orthopedics
Pivot Physical Therapy (Multiple Clinics) (Attach information about site)

Pivot - Raleigh (Brier Creek) TAKEN ALREADY
OP - General Orthopedics
Professional Rehab (Myrtle Beach Area) (4 slots)
OP - General Orthopedics
Select Physical Therapy - Greater Charlotte NC Region
OP - General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy- Salisbury
1704 W Innes Street
Salisbury, NC  28144
OP-General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy - Lexington
714 South Main Street
Lexington, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
Stewart Physical Therapy - High Point
2766 Hwy 68 North NW Bldg, Unit #105
High Point, NC
OP-General Orthopedics
Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics (D1 PT)
10258 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, TN
OP- General Orthopedics/ Sports
Upstream Location (Many available)
http://www.urpt.com/locations

FAYETTEVILLE TAKEN
OP - Ortho
VAMC Fayetteville - 4101 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC
IP/OP Acute and OP Ortho Mix

Heidi Shearin PT, DPT I Campbell University
Director of Clinical Education & Assistant Professor of Health Sciences
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2FAF3.79703780]910.893.1725 l  Fax 910.814.5567 l Email: shearin at campbell.edu<mailto:shearin at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, Room 118B
4150 US 421 South, Lillington, NC 27546
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506
[cid:image002.png at 01D6248B.6CCF7E40]
Like us: www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org<mailto:accreditation at apta.org>; website: http://www.capteonline.org<http://www.capteonline.org/>.  If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910-893-1720.