[PT2021] Program update

Dedrick, Gregory S dedrickg at campbell.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:55:08 EDT 2020

Gang,

Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time for education. Faculty and staff are primarily working remotely during this 3 week change in delivery. Per Dr. Creed instruction, it is best to minimize your time on campus and work remotely. CAPTE (our accreditor) has allowed greater flexibility in how we meet standards during this time. We are thankful for this enhanced flexibility.

The faculty/staff met today to work through defining plans moving forward. The plan shared below is based on the university communication that a return on April 6th will happen. Should something change, more communication will come to address it.

Items to consider:

*         Classes and exams will be held per your current spring schedule. I realize a few exams were moved from Monday and faculty will be in touch with new day/time to take exam this week.

*         Examsoft examinations will be 90 seconds/question (this is NPTE length given). Accommodations are set up for those that have them. It is expected that you take these independently and without resources (unless specified by your instructor). Faculty have the ability to change examinations from examsoft to another method. Should they choose to do so, it will be communicated to you through courses in blackboard.

*         For technical issues with examsoft, contact Dawn Carroll at dmwilliamson at campbell.edu<mailto:dmwilliamson at campbell.edu>

Plan for return on April 6th:

Didactic material will remain online throughout the spring semester (exception: Dr. Bunn will have a few contact hours in the new schedule that are face-to-face for 702 Principles of Inquiry). This provides time to alter the lab schedule and spread out the learning. Faculty are working with Dr. Sawyer to develop a revised schedule. Dr. Sawyer will be in touch week of March 30th with a new schedule reflecting changes from April 6th through end of the semester.  Once the schedule is released, faculty will be in touch to guide you through the changes and expectations for their courses.

Should you have questions about accreditation or program related concerns, please reach out to me. For questions about clinical education, direct those to the clinical education team of Dr. Shearin and Eubanks, and Mrs. Shewmaker.

Continue to check your emails and courses in blackboard regularly for communication from program and your faculty. Hope you all are doing well and stay safe.

Greg Dedrick, PT, ScD|Campbell University
Chair-Physical Therapy Program
Associate Professor
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
*:910 893-1758|Fax: 910 814-4951|*: dedrickg at campbell.edu<mailto:dedrickg at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, room 118C
4150 US 421 South
Lillington, NC 27546

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506

[Physical TherapyCPHS Horizontal Align - Screen]
Like us: www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org<http://www.capteonline.org/>. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910 893-1720.