[PT2021] Medical spanish trip

Dedrick, Gregory S dedrickg at campbell.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:47:06 EST 2020

Gang,

Passing along an opportunity for you. Please contact Dr. Ortiz directly if interested.

Have a great day.

Dr. D

Good afternoon Medical Spanish students,

I have verified some information about the Arizona trip as we move closer toward the trip date.
The trip will be starting on Monday May 11 and ending on Friday, May 15th, 2020.  We will be arriving on the 11th and returning to your next destination on the 15th of May.  The University of Arizona is providing instruction in Medical Spanish Interpretation on their campus on May 12th and 13th from around 8:30 am to 5 pm with an hour and a half break for lunch.  The class is taught by world-class, experienced interpreters, is intensive and builds on your Spanish speaking skills, cultural information, and vocabulary acquisition for medical settings.

Campbell University is sponsoring the hotel stay and transportation for the 4 nights and 5 days from May 11-15.  Campbell students will need to pay their tuition ($325) (in March) and flight to Tucson International Airport (TUS).  You will need to bring enough money (or debit/credit cards) for your meals, except for the really great breakfast that is included in your hotel stay.I will need to collect the $100 deposit by Friday, March 13th, 2020 and the remaining $225 by Tuesday, March 31st.  You may bring it to my office in 221 Pearson or to class.  Please make payments in check or money order to Campbell University.  That will ensure that everyone whose slot we save will be taken care of.  The University of Arizona supplies the study materials and also a certificate of completion of 14 or 15 hours in the 2-day workshop.

I will send more information and the flight plans just as soon as I get them.

Our schedule is:
May 11th - Arrive in Tucson - Visit a local scenic venue, dinner. and settle in
May 12th - Breakfast and day 1 of the Medical Interpreter Training Institute at the UA
May 13th - Breakfast and day 2 of the Medical Interpreter Training Institute at the UA
May 14th - Day trip to local site or town of interest
May 15th - Quick sweep of 4th Avenue for last minute shopping. Take students to airport

We gain 3 hours on the flight so for example, if you arrive in Tucson at 3PM ET, it would be 12 noon there. AZ does not observe daylight savings time.  I will send the attending students my flight schedule as soon as I get it as early as possible with a goal of having it by late January or early February.  Students could go on the same flight if available or match it as closely as possible.  We will discuss this more in detail soon.
Please respond to this email by if Thursday, January 30th if you are planning to travel and study with us.   There are 4 seats available.  Let me know only if you are serious about joining us.

Best Regards,

Ann Ortiz

Ann M. Ortiz, PhD, CMI
Associate Professor of Spanish
National Board Certified Medical Interpreter
Honors Interdisciplinary Program Faculty
Campbell University
Buies Creek, NC 27506
ortiz at campbell.edu<mailto:ortiz at campbell.edu>
(910) 893-1669

Greg Dedrick, PT, ScD|Campbell University
Chair-Physical Therapy Program
Associate Professor
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
*:910 893-1758|Fax: 910 814-4951|*: dedrickg at campbell.edu<mailto:dedrickg at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, room 118C
4150 US 421 South
Lillington, NC 27546

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506

[Physical TherapyCPHS Horizontal Align - Screen]
Like us: www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org<http://www.capteonline.org/>. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910 893-1720.