[PT2021] North Carolina Student Conclave

Hanvy, Sarah sehanvy0816 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:10:36 EST 2020

Hello, Class of 2020, 2021 & 2022!

I'm here to let you know that the Student Special Interest Group has their
biggest event of the year coming up that you’re not going to want to miss!

The Third Annual North Carolina Student Conclave is on Saturday, March 7th
from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM at High Point University! Hundreds of physical therapy
and physical therapy assistant students from all over North Carolina gather
to network and hear different lectures that are specifically tailored to
the student experience.

If you are the APTA Delegate or are interested in applying to this
position, you should plan on attending. If you cannot attend, please
delegate someone to go in your stead.

WHY SHOULD YOU GO?

   -

   A jam-packed schedule including: a patient sharing how physical therapy
   changed their life, how to manage stress as a student, improving the PT/PTA
   relationship, pain neuroscience, travel physical therapy and managing your
   finances, a panel on specialization vs. being a generalist, and discussions
   on international service/pro-bono, the new graduate experience, and how to
   get involved!
   -

   FREE breakfast and lunch with registration!
   -

   Networking opportunities with local fellow students, leaders in the PT
   field, and potential employers (it’s all about who you know and the PT
   world is very small!)
   -

   Gain experience how to navigate a physical therapy conference in a
   relaxed environment (build confidence for the bigger CSM, NEXT, NSC events!)
   -

   Scholarships are available to cover your entire registration cost (see
   attached PDF from the Piedmont District)
   -

   A PT Pub Night <https://www.facebook.com/events/946580832380820/> with
   free food and drinks after all the fun of Student Conclave!

What are you waiting for? Register NOW
<https://ncpt.site-ym.com/events/EventDetails.aspx?alias=conclave20> and
RSVP on the Facebook Event Page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/3561429440564244/>! Attached is a
scholarship opportunity to pay for your attendance fee. I would HIGHLY
recommend filling it out as there are usually very few applicants.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have personally been the
last two years and it has been a blast! This is a great first step to get
involved and employers love to see students engaged in our profession!

Sincerely,

Sarah

--
*Sarah E. Hanvy, SPT*