[PT2021] Good first day

Newton, Bruce bnewton at campbell.edu
Fri Aug 16 12:14:12 EDT 2019

Dear DPT Students:  Thanks for hanging in there on day one of the course.  I have uploaded the syllabus onto BlackBoard.  It has the class schedule on it.  Most times we meet on Fridays, but there are a few times in Oct. when I am out of town on a particular Friday & the lectures are moved to a different date.  So please be aware of this. I'll try to remind you during set of lectures before a missed Friday.

Most of the lectures for this first exam deal with where structures are located within the CNS.  There will be little information about what the structures do.  This is frustrating - and I know it is frustrating.  But we need to get the vocabulary understood and have a basic idea of where various structures are located before we can get to their function.  Stay calm - soon enough we'll put function with structure and get into the clinical importance of the pathways I mentioned today.  By the end of the course, you'll have the ability to diagnose various neurological deficits and locate where the lesion occurs.  Be assured the "pieces will come together" as we go further into the course.

As I mentioned, be sure to ask questions if you do not understand a concept.  The content of this course builds on itself, so material you learn for the first exam will be used again in subsequent lectures and exams.

Have a great weekend, Dr. Newton

--
Bruce W. Newton, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair of Anatomy