[Phar26] Announcement of New Chair and Director of Physician Assistant Practice Program

Goetz, Sarah E sbarefoot at campbell.edu
Thu Mar 7 12:41:00 EST 2024

The following email is being sent on behalf of Dr. Jeff Mercer to CPHS Students:
Dear CPHS Students,
I am pleased to announce that Ms. Laura Gerstner (MHA, MSHS, PA-C) has been selected as the incoming Chair and Director of the Physician Assistant Practice program.
Ms. Gerstner has been an integral part of our PA program since its inception in 2010, contributing significantly to its growth and success. Her dedication and expertise were evident during her tenure as the director of Clinical Education, and she has further demonstrated her leadership qualities in her role as associate program director since February 2022.
I am confident that Ms. Gerstner's extensive experience and passion for advancing our program will greatly contribute to its continued excellence. Her official term as Chair and Director will commence on June 1, 2024. In the coming months, she will collaborate with the current Chair and Director, Betty Lynne W. Johnson, who will be retiring, to ensure a seamless transition of leadership.
Later today, we will be publishing an article on the Campbell website, providing more details about Ms. Gerstner's background and achievements. I encourage you to read the article to learn more about the wealth of knowledge and leadership that Ms. Gerstner brings to this important role.
Please join me in congratulating Ms. Laura Gerstner on her well-deserved appointment and extending our gratitude to Betty Lynne W. Johnson for her dedicated service to the program.
Best regards,
Dr. Jeff Mercer
Dean, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences