[Phar26] AMCP Interest Meeting

Lockhart, Elizabeth ehlockhart0810 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Nov 8 08:55:08 EST 2023

Hi everyone!

I am excited to announce that we are chartering an Academy of Managed Care
Pharmacy (AMCP) chapter here at Campbell! We are holding an interest
meeting about AMCP and how you can get involved. *This meeting will be held
virtually on* *Monday November 13th at 5pm.  *We will be joined by guest
speaker Brenden O’Hara, who is the current President of the AMCP Carolinas
Affiliate and teaches in the Managed Care elective here at Campbell.

*Please join the meeting with this **link*
<https://meet.google.com/fcp-jpxc-iyt>.

This will be a great opportunity to learn about what AMCP is and what
membership has to offer. Becoming a charter member involved in the founding
of a new chapter here at CPHS is a great opportunity for professional
development and to boost your resume/CV. If you have any questions, feel
free to reach out to me at ehlockhart0810 at email.campbell.edu! We can't wait
to CU all there!

*About AMCP:*

Did you know that managed care pharmacy is one of the fastest growing
fields of healthcare delivery? AMCP is a national, professional
organization dedicated to increasing patient access to affordable and safe
medications, as well as optimizing health outcomes Pharmacists in managed
care operate in various settings across the health management process and
use clinical expertise and critical scientific evaluation skills with the
ultimate goal of fostering collaboration between patients, prescribers, and
pharmacists ensuring delivery of cost-effective and appropriate medication
therapy. Membership in AMCP will allow you the opportunity to grow your
leadership skills on a chapter level, interact and network with
professionals, further your knowledge of private and public health plans,
and so much more. There are a multitude of residencies and fellowships
available through AMCP, and you can have the chance to be a founding member
of an organization.

--
*Elizabeth Lockhart*
Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences Candidate | Class of