[Phar26] P1 Newsletter, 3/27 - 3/31

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Mar 24 13:04:01 EDT 2023

Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. As
always, keep it professional!  P1 Class Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

Weekly Schedule:

3/27-3/31

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

530 - PPD

Don’t forget to start the CITI training! Due 3/26, instructions on BB.

541 - Endocrine

Case 2 should become available sometime this week, watch out for that!

542 - MLE-II

Quick Stats (pages 259-263). Presentations by students in sections
(students called on at random): Background (including applicable prior
studies), Methods, Results, Conclusions (including your opinions supported
by data), Future Studies

543 - PPS

No class, Work on POEM write-up

POEM due 8 am!

545 - PPC

Tablets quiz due  8 am

Capsules quiz due 8 am

545L - PPC

Don’t forget to turn in your lab report for the previous week and don’t
forget the lab quiz! Ointments lab quiz due 3/28

Notes for the week: Exam 1 Monday!!!! HBC training for PPS (due 4/3).

Reminders:

Mygroup <https://www.mygroup.com/portal/student/request-sap-appointment/>
is the student assistance program offering legal, financial, and mental
health counseling free to Campbell students.

PPD tracker AND CS hours with reflection are all due before midnight on
4/23. Click Here to Access the PPD Tracker
<https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g>. The following
list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

🎉March Birthdays🎉

   -

   3 - Melissa Growney
   -

   8 - Ajalaye Sykes
   -

   14 - Tyesha Smith
   -

   30 - Mason Prieve

Pet of the week: Wes Gaylor, Duchess and Reine are two year old sisters of
the same litter. Their names are fitting because they are treated like
royalty.

All in love both make a very loving, social, and quirky pair.[image:
image.png][image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

Weekly Reflection:

Persistence Matters  Luke 18:1-8

John had a dead tree in his backyard. It was an eyesore certainly, but,
truth be told, John did not really care enough to remove the tree. It would
take time and money and he just did not want to deal with the hassle of
removing the tree. However, his neighbor could not stand this eyesore and
would continue to tell John he needed to get rid of the tree. Finally,
after months John got tired of hearing from his neighbor and the tree was
removed.

Jesus tells a similar story in Luke 18, where a widow kept coming to a
judge asking for justice, even though this judge did not value justice. Day
after day she came to him and for a while he refused to give this woman
justice. Because she would not stop, he finally granted her the justice for
which she was looking, simply to get her out of his hair.

The point of this parable is that we need to understand that God wants us
to come to him persistently with our cares, our fears and our needs. If an
unjust judge will give justice to a woman just to get her out of his hair,
how much more will a just God, who loves us and cares for us, hear us when
we come to Him.

Persistently coming to God in prayer does not mean that God will give us
exactly what we want, in the way we want and in the timing we want. It does
mean that God will listen to our prayers prayed in faith, and He will
answer us and give us what we need in His perfect timing. While we wait on
God He invites us to perpetually come to Him and lay our burdens, cares,
fears and needs at His feet.

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026