[Phar26] NHHF's Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship Program Now Available

Barefoot, Sarah E sbarefoot at campbell.edu
Fri Jul 7 09:23:52 EDT 2023

To whom it may concern,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the National Hispanic Health Foundation's (NHHF) Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship Program application is now open. We will once again award scholarships to students who are interested in careers in primary care, as well as beyond primary care. In the past, we had to limit scholarships to medical students interested in primary care (General Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and Family Medicine).

The scholarships will be presented at the National Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship Galas in Los Angeles, CA on November 17, 2023, New York City, NY on November 20, 2023 and at receptions in Chicago, Washington, DC, and San Antonio. The reception dates for Chicago and Washington, DC will be in November and the reception date for San Antonio will be in February.

The NHHF, a 501c3 entity, established this scholarship to reward students for exceptional academic performance, leadership, and commitment to the Hispanic community. For 18 years, this program has awarded $1,832,000 to 346 outstanding Hispanic health professional students for their exceptional academic performance, leadership, and commitment to caring for Hispanics. We provide $5000 and $2000 scholarships.

The scholarship application and FAQs are available here: https://www.nhmafoundation.org/the-hispanic-health-professional-student-scholarship.

The application's deadline is September 15, 2023.

For more information, please call our office at (202) 628-5895 or send an email to nhhf at nhmafoundation.org<mailto:nhhf at nhmafoundation.org>.

Many thanks,
Candice Jimenez
NHHF Program Coordinator