[Phar26] Weekly Updates, 1/23 - 1/27 😎😎😎😎😎😎

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Jan 20 09:00:33 EST 2023

Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. As
always, keep it professional!  P1 Class Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

Click this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_bmf8IusVPpE0VcJcGM0neYDX9alLxZ1hWSWK8CcDoc/prefill>
to try out a practice quiz for some top 100 drugs!

Weekly Schedule:

1/23-1/27

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

530 - PPD

IPPE information session, attendance is required.

531 - I&I

Graded case 1 due on BB. In-class patient case 2. End of exam 1 material.

Topics: Drug metabolism and interactions, PK principles I and II, Bacterial
Pathogens, Intro to antibiotics, Principles of antimicrobial therapy.

Graded case 2 available on BB Friday morning, due 2/6.

532 - Med Lit

Quick Stats pages 99-129.

Prepare to kahoot.

Exam 1 review/Q&A

533 - PPS

Immunization Certification session from 1-5 pm. Check the sign-up sheet for
your time slot!

Watch the vaccine administration video before your time slot.

Immunization exam due at Midnight!!

535 - PPC

Pre-lab and lab are in-session this week. Covering compounding techniques
and solids.

Topic: Pharmaceutical solids

Topic: Complexation

Exam 1 review

Notes for the week: Block Exam 1 Monday (1/30)

Reminders:

Mygroup <https://www.mygroup.com/portal/student/request-sap-appointment/> is
the student assistance program offering legal, financial, and mental health
counseling free to Campbell students.

PPD tracker AND CS hours with reflection are all due before midnight on
4/23. Click Here to Access the PPD Tracker
<https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g>. The following
list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

🎉January Birthdays🎉

   -

   2 - Chloe Lavieri
   -

   12 - Nick Kucko
   -

   17 - Kodak Olivia Lockhart
   -

   20 - Ellie Lancaster

Study Tips for the Top 100

   1.

   Use the study plan for the block exams as a guide
   1.

      Exam 1: Brand and Generic
      2.

   Use Quizlet plus (you are able to practice spelling the words)
   3.

   Only study 10-20 drugs a day

Pet of the week:

Liz Lockhart - This is Kodak, she is a perfect angel that loves tennis
balls and Brian. Her birthday was 1/17! Happy birthday, Kodak!😎

Reflection of the week:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD,
plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

 Sometimes we don’t always know what our actions, words, and decisions will
result in. As we continue to progress in our personal and professional
lives, it is important to trust in the Lord that there is a bigger plan
than us. Going through a situation it is important to take a moment to
reflect on the situation.

The process of reflection occurs in many aspects of our lives; whether it’s
personal or professional, the events of the weekend or a recent problem we
encountered and how we might have handled the situation differently. In a
professional context, ‘reflection’ often means critically assessing the
ways in which we can improve upon a certain task or performance, how we
cope with certain situations or even, how we interact with people we meet.

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026
msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu