[Phar26] P1 Newsletter, 2/20 - 2/24

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Feb 17 08:00:00 EST 2023

Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. As
always, keep it professional!  P1 Class Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

Click here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdt32IitSd4bFmid0q9pxoPwn5JiWY1o64sS_TLBdutfcMdWQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
to fill out the survey to nominate your classmates for class superlatives.

Click this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_bmf8IusVPpE0VcJcGM0neYDX9alLxZ1hWSWK8CcDoc/prefill>
to try out a practice quiz for some top 100 drugs!

Weekly Schedule:

2/20-2/24

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

530 - PPD

Community pharmacy guest speaker. Reflection due by 12 pm.

Submit your CV in BB for peer review by 2/19. Peer evaluations are due by
2/24 and the final copy of your CV is due by 3/19.

531 - I&I

Case 3 Presentations

532 - Med Lit

Read UKPDS 10 year follow up cohort paper on BB

533 - PPS

OSCE Discussion

535 - PPC

Excipients quiz due 8 am.

Incompatibility quiz due Friday at 8 am.

Preformulation quiz due 8 am on Sunday.

535L - PPC Lab

Turn in last weeks’ lab report!

Suspensions quiz due Tuesday at 8 am.

Notes for the week: Keep studying your top 100 drugs!

Reminders:

Mygroup <https://www.mygroup.com/portal/student/request-sap-appointment/> is
the student assistance program offering legal, financial, and mental health
counseling free to Campbell students.

PPD tracker AND CS hours with reflection are all due before midnight on
4/23. Click Here to Access the PPD Tracker
<https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g>. The following
list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

🎉February Birthdays🎉

   -

   14 - Amani Abumazen
   -

   17- Kasey Pfaff
   -

   22 - Hailey Roseman

Pet of the week: Gabby Gillett - This is Lola, our 9/10 year old cat. We
adopted her and have no idea how old she is, but we’ve had her for 9 years.
She’s a person trapped in a cat’s body. She loves to nap in the sun and her
favorite foods are cheese, bacon, and peanut butter. We call her our “guard
cat” because any time someone opens the door, she’s the first one there to
greet you!

Weekly Reflection.

I apologize for missing last week so here are two for this week!

In honor of Valentine's day ❣️

We often think of Valentine’s Day as the day for couples to show their love
to one another, but rarely do we use the day to remind us of God’s
unmatched love for us, His children. For many single people, Valentine’s
Day can be a bitter reminder of their singleness and desire for a
relationship. Luckily, God doesn’t leave anyone, single or in a
relationship, out of His unending love and grace.

In 1 John 4:8, the author says, “Whoever does not love does not know God,
because God is love.”

God is love itself. We wouldn’t have any conception of “love” at all if it
weren’t for God, the definition of love.

God further defines love in the classic 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 passage that
reads, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is
not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in
evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always
hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”

God is patient and kind. He keeps no record of wrongs. He always protects,
always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. God’s love is a perfect
love that no one on earth could ever emulate

In preparation for Easter, Ash Wednesday is this upcoming wednesday
2/22/2023 🐰 ⛪

As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyre'ne, Simon by name; this man
they compelled to carry his cross. Matthew 27:32

I have to confess, Lent is my least favorite season. Many have written
beautiful reflections on this season and the many opportunities for
spiritual growth it holds. I couldn't agree more. But the reason this
season is often so fruitful can be attributed to one overarching theme:
sacrifice.

Lent is filled to the brim with sacrifice. The point, of course, is to
reflect on Christ's sacrifice, to feel just a little bit of the pain he
felt, and to draw closer to God as we clear out the clutter of our
comfortable lives. Naturally, this isn't easy. Sacrifice requires
toleration for pain. Sacrifice requires thinking beyond yourself and your
wants. Sacrifice demands discipline. Sacrifice isn't fun.

So often I treat faith in God as a private matter, as a path I can walk by
myself. In doing this, I confuse individuality with isolation. I ignore the
scriptural truth that God created us for Him -- and one another. Year after
year, Lent pulls the curtain back on this illusion as I draw unusual
strength from the universal Church - from the community fasting, the
special Friday prayer gatherings, and even the long lines to the
confessional.

What a merciful God; he does not ask us to journey alone. Even the simple,
friendly question, "What are you giving up for Lent?" jolts me out of my
usual routine, forcing me to ponder where I'm at spiritually and what kind
of fast would be appropriate this year. And when I feel like giving up and
returning to the easy life, images of fellow believers enduring hardships
(voluntary or involuntary) readily float to the surface of my thoughts
during the Lenten season.

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026