[Phar26] Weekly Updates, 10/31 to 11/4

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Oct 28 08:17:05 EDT 2022

Happy Halloween, Future Pharmacists! 👻🔮🐪

Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. As
always, keep it professional!  P1 Class Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

You are cordially invited to the inaugural Pharmacy Class of 2026
Pharmsgiving!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWxljTDeWQ_6t_GzejEvVVLnvqDDVmKiqpPPnei9y_Wk2XyQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Please follow this link to the interest survey so we can figure out the
details of the event.

Weekly Schedule:

10/31-11/04

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

510

-Professional image and talents

-Predictive index reflection due 11/13

521 – Pharm Sci

Integrated Quiz #3

-521: Breivogel, Hao, and Chen

-523: Anticoagulants, Meds for Gout and Antitussives

-525:one compartment model, IV bolus and infusion

-Homework #2 due 11:59

522 – OTC

-Atopic dermatitis and dry skin (ch 33)

-Insect bites and stings, pediculosis (ch37)

-Acne (ch 38)

-ophthalmic disorders (ch28)

-otic disorders (ch30)

-Mock patient #2

-weekly group case: prevention of sun-induced disorders (ch39)

523 – PPS

-quiz in 521

Integrated Problem Set of BioPharm and Pharmaceutical Foundations*

*Don’t forget to keep filling in your BP log for PPS. The entire log needs
to be complete and uploaded prior to the start of our BP OSCE*

525 – PPC

Asbill’s Excel HW due, 5pm

-quiz in 521

526 – EBM

First draft, group DI response due

Reminders:

Congratulations to Brandon Cook and his dog on being elected the P1 Liaison
to PSEB.

In the upcoming weeks Dr. Moore has requested a town hall with the P1 class
as a chance to provide program-related feedback. Keep an eye out for a
date, time, and location for that meeting. Attendance is strongly
encouraged. Partnerships are most effective when every stakeholder has a
voice, and your partnership with Campbell University is no different. Each
of us has a voice and this forum is an excellent opportunity to use it to
help improve the Campbell Pharmacy program for ourselves and for future
generations of health scientists.

PPD tracker is due before midnight on 11/20 Click Here to Access the PPD
Tracker <https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g> The
following list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

Community Service Hours and reflection are due 11/30, information about
this is posted on the 510 blackboard page.

   -

   Raleigh Parks & Rec <https://raleighnc.gov/parks-volunteer> has a lot of
   ongoing volunteer opportunities ranging from event volunteering to park
   clean-ups.

🎉November Birthdays🎉

   -

   20 - Chase Webb
   -

   If you would like to have your birthday included in the weekly updates
   and have not yet added it to the P1 Birthday document, follow the link to
   do so! Pharmacy Class of 2026, Birthdays
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Ra52YpQspoySdDRuEaBN-tYC8mizhTimn039UYyU98/edit?usp=sharing>

Pet of the week:

Makenzie Hester - This is Sutton, she is the sassiest gal you'll ever know.
She loves giving kisses, using you as a scratching post, and begging for
treats. If you don't plan to spoil her and let her take her hourly naps,
beware the mare.

Reflection of the week: By our Chaplain, Brittany Ter Meer

Much of Proverbs 26 is about the power of words. If we are filled with the
wisdom of heaven, we will use words carefully and prayerfully understanding
that language is powerful. We will be positive and prudent in our choice of
words, ensuring that our words are healing and not harmful!

    When people are foolish rather than wise, their words will be
frivolous, silly, untrustworthy, hurtful, stupid, quarrelsome, untruthful,
insesnsitive, gossipy, arguemntative, sick, and hypocritical (v.4-24).
Since the world is so full of people who are filled with earthly folly
rather than heavenly wisdom, it is no surprise that so many people are
badly hurt by words. How then do those who reign life protect themselves
from the harsh negativity of unjust and slanderous comments?

    There is a beautiful promise to reassure us in Verse 2: “An underserved
will be powerless to harm you.” In other words, when someone wishes and
speaks ill of you for no just cause, then these words will be like an arrow
that falls short of where you are standing. They will not harm you. In
fact, the text suggests that they may even return to harm those who spoke
to them. The curse, like a bird, will flutter over you for a moment and
then fly back to the nest which it came from. The harm will return like a
boomerang to the sender.

    We are called to be wise in our use of words. But we are also called
not to worry for those who speak negatively about, or directly to, us!

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026
msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu