[Phar26] Weekly Newsletter, 10/17-10/21

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Oct 14 08:00:00 EDT 2022

Hello classmates!

Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. If
you ask a question and would like a response, you will need to include your
email address in your comment. As always, keep it professional!  P1 Class
Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

Click Here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=email.campbell.edu_9ddjsq3akpudlnd969r4nva5ig@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
for the link to the monthly PSEB Event and Fundraising calendar.

10/17-10/21

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

510

Articles on Emotional intelligence posted on blackboard.

521 – Pharm Sci

Integrated Quiz 2 (830 am)

-521 week 2

-523 PPS antipsychotics and analgesics

-PPC week 2

521 Homework 1 on BB due at 11:59 pm

Quizlet
<https://quizlet.com/733596831/antipsychotics-and-analgesics-flash-cards/?i=4k4ajo&x=1jqY>
for antipsychotics and analgesics (Thanks, Gabby!)

522 – OTC

Pre-class quiz

Read Chapter 11 and 12

Practice cases chapters 11 and 12

-Mock Patient #1 - *Note that we are switching class time with Dr. Perkins
today! See BB for your Mock Patient time.*

-Oral pain case, chapter 32

523 – PPS

Quiz in 521

Small groups - -Mock Patient Interviewing Case Deconstruction

-OTC Patient case write-up (using SCHOLAR-MAC)

525 – PPC

Quiz in 521

526 – EBM

In class activity + Quiz on PubMed searching.

Reminders:

Dr. Asbill is having a virtual review session on Monday night for the quiz
on Tuesday morning.

Backpacks from Mutual Drug will be handed out on Tuesday 10/18 at noon in
HLH!

PSEB will also be hosting an election for P1 Class Liaison toward the end
of October, so if you want to be considered for this position please
contact the P1 class vice president, Isabel Gutierrez Lauzurique
icgutierrezl0409 at email.campbell.edu

PPD tracker is due before midnight on 11/20 Click Here to Access the PPD
Tracker <https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g> The
following list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

Community Service Hours and reflection are due 11/30, information about
this is posted on the 510 blackboard page.

   -

   10/29 Special Olympics in Fayetteville, NC – approved by Dr. Mills.
   -

   Raleigh Parks & Rec <https://raleighnc.gov/parks-volunteer> has a lot of
   ongoing volunteer opportunities ranging from event volunteering to park
   clean-ups.
   -

   The annual APhA 5k will be held at the Campbell track and will take
   place Saturday 10/29, Click Here to sign up as a volunteer
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QiL2hX8qRsnwYU77uV_CpQf8jh2cHErB9MXQPDqPqMI/edit?usp=sharing>
   for 1 approved PPD service hour.

🎉October Birthdays🎉

   -

   8 - Marisa Padronaggio 🎉
   -

   15 - Alnisha Wheeler 🎉
   -

   17 - Seni Saidykhan 🎉
   -

   27 - Mackenzie Morgan 🎉

Pet of the week:

Kristen Blue - This is Teddy Blue and he’s such a big baby. He loves belly
rubs, naps and to play fetch
Reflection of the week:

“The chief task in life is simply this: to identify and separate matters so
that I can clearly say to myself which are externals not under my control,
and which have to do with the choices I actually control. Where then do I
look for good and evil? Not to uncontrollable externals, but within myself
to the choices that are my own…” ~ Epictetus, Discourses, 2.5.4-5

This quote is a good summary of what it means to be truly introspective
about life and all the choices presented within the span of time in which
we exist. Each of us as individuals has means and tools for introspection
and making choices that we use: tarot cards, prayer, crystals, reading,
journaling, etc. The conscious division between uncontrollable and
controllable circumstances is what truly allows us to flourish and succeed
in daily life. Take the time to think about the stressors you hold on to
daily and how, if at all, you try to control the circumstances.
Contact your P1 class officers with any questions!
<3