[Phar26] Weekly P1 Newsletter - Week of 10/10-10/14

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Oct 6 21:10:42 EDT 2022

Greetings pharmacy class of 2026!

[image: IMG-9368.jpg]

The class electorate put together a class comment box to fully take
advantage of the democratic process and embrace the voice of the people.
Click the link to send us an anonymous comment, question, or concern. If
you ask a question and would like a response, you will need to include your
email address in your comment. As always, keep it professional!  P1 Class
Commentary
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfco-6GGBL-x6pvhxZG88apSE6dAW6PLwCvS9O5gEip6F3uOw/viewform?usp=pp_url>

10/10-10/14

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

510

Articles on Emotional intelligence posted on blackboard.

Emotional intelligence assignment due by midnight Sunday, 10/16.

521 – Pharm Sci

Integrated Quiz 1

-521 week 1

-523 PPS antianxiety and antidepressants

-PPC week 1

Quizlet for antianxiety and antidepressant meds
<https://quizlet.com/730655316/anti-anxiety-and-anti-depressant-drugs-flash-cards/?x=1jqU&i=bv18n%E2%80%93>
(thanks Gabby!)

Kahoot for antianxiety and antidepressant meds
<https://create.kahoot.it/share/anti-anxiety-and-antidepressants/c1973a63-5def-4f79-9c60-895d532493ff>
(thanks Megan!)

522 – OTC

PDF of book on GroupMe (Thanks Ben!)

Read Chapter 7

Practice Kahoot for Chapters 7, 23, 50, 51

Read Chapters 5 & 6

Practice Case Chapter 6

523 – PPS

(Quiz in 521)

Blood pressure overview

Small groups - Practice blood pressure

525 – PPC

(Quiz in 521)

526 – EBM

In class activity using PubMed

Reminders:

Dr. Asbill is hosting a review session for PPC on Sunday night at 8 pm via
BB collaborate.

PSEB is hosting a breakfast from 9-10 am on Monday, 10/10 in the Maddox
lobby.

PSEB will also be hosting an election for P1 Class Liaison toward the end
of October. This is an official PSEB representative position and more
information will be available about it later on. So, if you want to be
considered for this position please contact the P1 class vice president,
Isabel Gutierrez Lauzurique icgutierrezl0409 at email.campbell.edu.

PPD tracker is due before midnight on 11/20 Click Here to Access the PPD
Tracker <https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g>. The
following list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

Community Service Hours and reflection are due 11/30, information about
this is posted on the 510 blackboard page.

   -

   10/29 Special Olympics in Fayetteville, NC – approved by Dr. Mills.
   -

   Raleigh Parks & Rec <https://raleighnc.gov/parks-volunteer> has a lot of
   ongoing volunteer opportunities ranging from event volunteering to park
   clean-ups.
   -

   APhA Immunization Clinics
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_DAwd2J-y1-vMwh9_mITvrOM3RUAqAdBbc0DQVFvwnk/edit?usp=sharing>:
   P1’s are able to do documenting
   -

   The annual APhA 5k will be held at the Campbell track and will take
   place Saturday 10/29, Click Here to sign up as a volunteer
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QiL2hX8qRsnwYU77uV_CpQf8jh2cHErB9MXQPDqPqMI/edit?usp=sharing>
   for 1 approved PPD service hour.

🎉October Birthdays🎉

   -

   8 - Marisa Padronaggio 🎉
   -

   15 - Alnisha Wheeler 🎉
   -

   27 - Mackenzie Morgan 🎉

Pet of the week:

 [image: Hailey Roseman - This is Holly, she is our “off-brand German
shepherd.” She is a total scaredy cat that packs a big bark. She loves
swimming in her shark life-vest, sun bathing, and eating sticks.]

Hailey Roseman - This is Holly, she is our “off-brand German shepherd.” She
is a total scaredy cat that packs a big bark. She loves swimming in her
shark life-vest, sun bathing, and eating sticks.

>From the Chaplain:

Weekly devotional- Sometimes it is hard finding the positive in a situation
when you feel overwhelmed resulting in feelings of depression and your soul
is downcast. David felt this was in Psalm 13. Instead of focusing on the
darkness he focuses his attention on asking God for light. He prayed “bring
light to my eyes in this pitch-black darkness” v.3. Additionally, he
positioned his spirit “I will sing my song of joy” v.6. If you are in the
dark right now, focus your heart towards a place of light.

I am unsure if I’m the only one who feels slightly lost in the weeds as we
begin navigating this second block. However, I found this passage helpful
in providing encouragement. I refer back to the story of David in Psalm 13
when he was lost in the wilderness. Choose to look up rather than down.
Encourage your soul to soar!

Don't forget to send Melissa your pet photos via email/text/GroupMe and add
your birthday to the google doc.

Have an excellent weekend and happy studying!

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026
msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu