[Phar26] Weekly Updates, 11/07 - 11/11

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Nov 7 07:30:59 EST 2022

The P1 Pharmsgiving will be held on Friday, 11/11 from 1-3 pm in Maddox
117! Please come and bring whatever food or non-alcoholic drinks you want
to share with the class, or you can just bring your lunch and hang out!

Follow our Class Instagram Page @campbellpharm26 !

Weekly Schedule:

11/07-11/11

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

510

BLOCK EXAM 2

Community service hours due 11/20

P1 Town Hall meeting, 1-1:50 pm in Harris Teeter (Maddox 200A)

Pharmsgiving in Maddox 117 from 1-3 pm! Bring your lunch or some food to
share!

521 – Pharm Sci

522 – OTC

Heartburn and Dyspepsia (Ch 13)

Nausea/Vomiting (Ch 19)

Constipation (Ch 15)

Anorectal Disorders (Ch 17)

Diarrhea (Ch 16)

Intestinal Gas (Ch 14)

Practice Cases: Chapters 13-18

Minor Burns, Sunburn, and Wounds (Ch 41)

523 – PPS

Review BP, counseling, and other stuff before OSCE

Practice BP and counseling, OSCE’s on 11/16!

BP log due on BB before 8 am on 11/16!

525 – PPC

No class!

IV Infusion, don’t miss it!

526 – EBM

DI project final draft due at 11:59 pm, citations and screen captures!

Reminders:

PPD tracker is due before midnight on 11/20 Click Here to Access the PPD
Tracker <https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g> The
following list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

🎉November Birthdays🎉

   -

   20 - Chase Webb
   -

   If you would like to have your birthday included in the weekly updates
   and have not yet added it to the P1 Birthday document, follow the link to
   do so! Pharmacy Class of 2026, Birthdays
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Ra52YpQspoySdDRuEaBN-tYC8mizhTimn039UYyU98/edit?usp=sharing>

Pet(s) of the week:

Chase Webb - Hi our names are Rory and Zena otherwise known as the “husky
sisters”. We love to play and talk. Our favorite thing to do is wrestle
each other, bite each other, and scream as loud as possible.

Reflection of the week: By our Chaplain, Brittany Ter Meer

Psalm 56:9-10 “The very moment I call to you for a father’s help the tide
of battle turns and my enemies flee. This one thing I know, God is on my
side! I trust in the Lord and I praise him! I trust in the word of God and
I praise him!”

Much of these past couple of weeks since the first block have been trying.
>From Tricky Trotta, Critical Campbell, Maddening McGeehan, and Baffling
Bowman, we all felt stumped. There might have been times too that some of
us paused and second guessed if this is the program we should even be in!
It’s trivial times that are what make us and break us. Breaking down isn’t
always a bad thing, sometimes it opens up the door to the possibility of
re-building yourself into a better version!

I know how failure feels, I failed the first BioMed exam and that was the
wake-up call I needed to change my study habits and my tactics on how I
viewed the course. I didn’t let my faith sway as I knew God put me in this
program and towards this profession for a reason. Did I feel tested? Heck
yeah! I didn’t want to get out of bed the next day and come to class, but I
knew there was a bigger picture at play and one stumble will not be my
downfall.

Trust in the Lord for you are to be in this program! With our upcoming
block exam I know we have all been preparing extra hard! 3 week block exams
are always the worst and here we are coming up on our second block exam
with 2 weeks of material and a better understanding on how to tackle these
pesky pebbles. Trust in the Lord for he has a plan; with God we won’t
always know the MOA, but the outcomes are generally good. I believe in you
guys, good luck, and happy studying!

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026