[Phar25] Special PRIDE Meeting with Dr. Bridget Eubanks

Van Cleave, Kristyn ksvancleave0703 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Sep 13 12:30:33 EDT 2022

Good morning CPHS students,

I hope your semester has been going well!  My name is Kristyn Van Cleave,
and I am the newly elected president of PRIDE in Healthcare.  PRIDE is an
organization for all CPHS students that recognizes LGBTQIA+ patients and
providers and provides education and student development surrounding
working with these individuals.

I am writing to inform you of a special upcoming meeting.  On *Wednesday,
September 21st, at 6 pm*, PRIDE in Healthcare will be hosting a meeting
with a speaker from our very own DPT program, Dr. Bridget Eubanks, PT,
DPT.  The meeting will be held in *Smith Hall, Room 408*.  Dr. Eubanks is a
co-director of clinical education and assistant professor in the DPT
program and is eager to speak regarding LGBTQIA+ individuals.  Dr. Eubanks'
objectives for the meeting are below.

After session, learner will be able to:

   - Define basic terminology related to the LGBTQIA+ population.
   - Understand the timeline of healthcare-related rights for LGBTQIA+
   individuals.
   - Relate how U.S. laws impact healthcare accessibility for LGBTQIA+
   individuals.
   - Interpret the correlation between the LGBTQIA+ community and various
   health disparities.
   - Recognize and implement inclusive methods to incorporate into practice
   as a healthcare provider to advocate for LGBTQIA+ patients.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more information
on PRIDE in Healthcare.  This is a great opportunity to learn from someone
who has worked in healthcare and has experience with this topic.  Please
bring your questions and an open mind.  I hope to see you there!

Warmly,
Kristyn Van Cleave, SPT
Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2023
Admissions Liaison, Class of 2023
President, PRIDE In Healthcare
APTA NC Oncology Student & New Professional Subcommittee School Rep
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers