[Phar25] NCAP Advocacy Certificate Series Event #1

Abu-Hammad, Ayman akabuhammad0901 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Feb 21 13:07:21 EST 2022

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that NCAP will be collaborating with the 3 other
pharmacy schools: *High Point, Wingate, and UNC*, to hold a Advocacy Series
Certificate Program for NCAP-SPF students. This will be a 4-part series
where each university will have a guest speaker come in and advocate for
the profession of pharmacy and its importance, this is fairly like the
Advocacy series held last year.

Our aim for the Advocacy Series is to allow interested students the
opportunity to meet with state legislators later this year. Attendance will
be taken during the event and it will be recorded for those that are unable
to attend and need to write a reflection afterwards to obtain *an optional
certificate *provided by NCAP by the end of the Advocacy series. Students
will be eligible to obtain the certificate if they meet these requirements:

1)      Attendance or submitted reflection afterwards for events 1, 2 *or*
 3, *and* 4 (must attend at least 3 events)

2)      If you received a certificate from last year, then upload it HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDfPXnG22rJAur50tvk1hicXpzWLsSQLnKBGqYNodDdcud3A/viewform?usp=sf_link>to
be exempt from the first event

We kick off the series with *Dr. Matthew Kelm*, *NCAP President-Elect*, on
the topic of “Why Advocate as a Student Pharmacist.” This event will be
held virtually via the zoom link found below on *February 28th* from 12-1pm.

More information regarding future events as well as obtaining the
certificate is found on our Facebook, “*NCAP Student Pharmacist Forum.*”

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

*Zoom link**:*
https://unc.zoom.us/j/96291941119?pwd=V2tJRmJYRmYvT0loZ2dyY0VQaTF6Zz09

*Meeting ID**:* 962 9194 1119

*Password*: 180766

[image: image.png]

--
*Ayman Abu-Hammad*
Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

*akabuhammad0901 at email.campbell.edu <akabuhammad0901 at email.campbell.edu>*