[Pa24] FW: EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exciting Opportunities for NC PA Students | NCAPA

Johnson, Betty Lynne bljohnson at campbell.edu
Mon May 8 15:18:47 EDT 2023

FYI

From: Caroline Purdy <caroline.purdy at ncapa.org>
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2023 2:22 PM
Subject: EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exciting Opportunities for NC PA Students | NCAPA

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Campbell University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hello NC PA Program Faculty and Staff!

The NCAPA is currently offering several exciting opportunities for student members that we would like to share with you:

  *   The 2023 NCAPA Student Medical Challenge Bowl<https://ncapa.org/event/student-medical-challenge-bowl/>: June 10th, 1pm to 4pm, The Stead Center in Durham

     *   This is a great way to review PANCE content and connect with fellow PA students from across the state. Registration is required and is open through June 2, 2023.

  *   The NCAPA Trailblazer Scholarship<https://ncapa.org/trailblazer-scholarship/>: Applications and attestations of good academic standing due June 27, 2023

     *   The NCAPA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee established the Trailblazer Scholarship in 2022 to support Black/African American PA students during their second year of PA school. The DE&I committee reviewed research and statistics around health disparities and gaps in representation and established this $1,000 scholarship in an effort to address these needs. The Trailblazer Scholarship is for North Carolina PA students in their second year of PA school who self-identify as Black/African American.

  *   The NCAPA Endowment Student Grants<https://ncapa.org/ncapa-endowment-student-grant/>: Applications and official transcripts due July 1, 2023

     *   The NCAPA Endowment has $1,000 Student Grants available for one student from each PA program in North Carolina. The applicant must be an NCAPA student member attending an NC PA program and entering or enrolled in their clinical year in the Fall of the current year.

If you could please share these opportunities with your students we would greatly appreciate it!

Also, do you know a PA colleague who has demonstrated exemplary service to the profession and the community, and who has furthered the image of the PA profession while providing significant contributions to the health of the citizens of North Carolina? Nominations are now open for the 2023 NC PA of the Year.<https://ncapa.org/pa-of-the-year/> The deadline for this year's submissions is August 31, 2023.

Thank you for all you do for NC's PA students!

Best,
Caroline

Caroline P. Purdy
Membership Services Manager
NC Academy of Physician Assistants
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
1121 Slater Rd. Durham, NC 27703
919.479.1995 ext 407
919.479.9726 Fax
www.ncapa.org<http://www.ncapa.org/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D981B6.E6DC5290]<https://ncapa.org/summer-cme-conference/>
Click on the image above to register for the 2023 Summer Conference!