[Pa24] CUPA PRIDE celebration- Friday, June 23rd

Hurst, Marisa mthurst0120 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Jun 22 09:46:30 EDT 2023

Happy Thursday CUPA 24!

I know it is last minute, but here are updates for PRIDE month.

*Jeans Day Tomorrow, Friday, June 23rd- wear a color of the rainbow*
As Hailey said yesterday, our jeans day tomorrow will be benefiting Equality
NC <https://equalitync.org/>. I ask that *everyone wear a color of the
rainbow or a PRIDE tee-shirt *and I have attached a sign up
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11HJwnsXAYkoL7zDYkSd-LGo6qjMCIEG-zHUQhJ7Fj2U/edit?usp=sharing>
below. Tomorrow after class we will take a picture with a banner I made so
that we can post on social media! I encourage you all to participate so
that we can show our support for the LGBTQ+ community.

*Advocacy Update- Equality NC Petition*
Also, for advocacy purposes, Malloy has shared a link to Equality NC's
petition from North Carolina Health Care professionals to adamantly oppose
any bans or restrictions on access to and provision of life-saving,
gender-affirming care.  Sign the petition here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKM2nQfLq4HbmP72Rv-h0cKV97knGbi7KGj4ZKMH4GL_p8Cw/viewform>.
As future healthcare professionals, this is a great way to actually use our
voice to help the LGBTQ+ community, who are all under attack right now.

*Out! Raleigh PRIDE *
Finally, Raleigh's PRIDE celebration is this Saturday, June 24th from
11am-6pm on Fayetteville Street. More information about the event can be
found here <https://outraleighpride.org/>. I am planning on going after the
MCI event, and anyone is welcome to join! Also, Raleigh PRIDE has events
going on the remainder of the month, and that information can be found here
<https://www.raleighpridenc.com/>.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Best,
Marisa Hurst

 T shirt color sign up
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11HJwnsXAYkoL7zDYkSd-LGo6qjMCIEG-zHUQhJ7Fj2U/edit?usp=drive_web>

--
Marisa Hurst, MSPH, PA-S *(she/her/hers)*
Campbell University | College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
mthurst0120 at email.campbell.edu