[Pa24] Challenge Coins

Christopher Dye cddye0102 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Oct 27 08:48:53 EDT 2022

Hey folks-

After the discussion about our class’s lack of schwag options last week, I figured I’d go out and spend some time making one of my favorite options.

Challenge coins are usually just a fun way of recognizing a group or service. Some people collect/trade them, and there are lot of display options. In certain cases they’re handed out as a “thank you” for acts of service, and in other situations they’re distributed to an entire unit. They’re popular in military and public safety circles, and there are a few different traditions related to the purchasing of beverages for people in the circle.

If you want one, and/or if you want to have a couple of extras to hand out to people who end up being important to you along your PA journey these coins are available for purchase. Some other programs/hospitals may also have coins to trade, and you might find someone at AAPA who you’d like to exchange with. The final cost will vary a little bit based on the total number ordered, but assuming a total order of about 150 they’ll run about $10/per piece.

There is a sheet on the Google Drive to drop your information if you’re interested in purchasing. There’s currently about a 30-day turnaround for orders, so if we can come up with a final number in a week or two we should be able to get an order back before the holiday break. I’ll be able to give everyone a final price as soon as I’ve got everyone’s anticipated orders.

As always, if you have any questions just let me know.
-Chris