[Pa24] NCAPA/AAPA IMPORTANT info!

Cain, Mallory mtcain0324 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:29:12 EDT 2022

*Please read through!!!*

*NCAPA Updates:*

If anyone is interested in joining an *NCAPA committee*, fill out the
online application ASAP. These are run by NCAPA, not Campbell. The website
says applications are closed but they are still reviewing applications for
anyone interested! Meetings are *virtual *so it mainly involves you just
tuning in and listening. Find descriptions of committees here
<https://ncapa.org/about-ncapa/ncapa-committees/>and fill out the application
<http://ncapa.org/application-new-committee-member/>if interested.

As mentioned at our first meeting, we are establishing an *advocacy
committee* this year! The link below also has more info regarding this
committee. Please email Mallory with any questions.
Click here to fill out the Advocacy Committee interest form!
<https://forms.gle/KL9bxVoTt7SRmsrH6>

I recently had my first meeting with NCAPA and they brought up several
*retreats,
summits, workshops*, etc that are coming up the end of this year through
2023. I will let you all know about those and how to apply for them as soon
as I know!

*AAPA Updates*

*AAPA Virtual Town Hall Meeting:*

   - *10/27 from 8p-9p online*, registration closes *tomorrow*
   - Why?: Hear AAPA leaders share updates about what is happening at AAPA
   and the Student Academy
   - Link for registry:
   https://www.aapa.org/events/2022-virtual-town-hall-meeting/#tabs-4-overview

*Important AAPA Conference Notes *PLEASE READ*: *

I have heard from multiple people that they would like to go ahead and
register for the conference to get the early bird discount, but *p**lease
wait to register for AAPA*. Since we are student AAPA members, we are
eligible for the *$199 registration rate until Feb. 28, 2023*. With that
being said, we aren’t in a rush to register. To put this into perspective,
last year the class didn’t register until February and everything worked
out just fine.

When registration opens I will gain access to the group registration
details. I will read through everything and convey the information to the
class. If there is another way to go about registration rather than doing
it all as one big group that makes it easier on all of us then I will
figure it out! Just be on the lookout for updates and make sure to *read
the emails in their entirety*!

In the upcoming weeks, another google form will be sent out for people to
fill out if you are *100% committed* to going to AAPA. This form will *close
on Monday, Nov. 28th*, giving you Thanksgiving break to make up your
mind. If you have any questions feel free to contact me! The AAPA website
will be updated with more information on activities during the week as we
get closer to conference.

*Note: If you have not filled out the original interest form
(https://forms.gle/5qycFPjypU9XcVDz7 <https://forms.gle/5qycFPjypU9XcVDz7>)
and you are at all interested in attending the AAPA conference in May then
please fill it out! To avoid spamming everyone's inboxes in the future I
will only be emailing those who responded to this form with conference
information. *

--
*Mallory Cain, PA-S1*
(she/her)