[Pa23] Community Service Hours!!! Project Access

Poppenfuse, Samantha sepoppenfuse0423 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:03:42 EDT 2022

Good morning!

The DEI committee is presenting to 5 high school classes within underserved
communities to promote the PA profession and was wondering if any
additional classmates would be interested in helping out. You will be asked
to present in front of around 30 high school students what a PA is and
steps to becoming a PA for about 10-15 minutes. After the presentation, you
will be asked to manage an activity station which may include I&D,
suturing, reflex testing, and other activities. This is an awesome
opportunity to inspire future providers! As an added bonus you would get
community service hours for participating. I've listed the dates below. If
you are interested and would like to help out please let me know by
Wednesday at 5pm.

*March 25th* 9-11am @ Triton High School
*March 25th* 9-11am @ Smithfield Selma High School
*April 7th* 9-10:30am @ Western Harnett High School

If you have any questions please reach out by email or text (my number is
below).

Thank you,
Sam

--
*Samantha E. Poppenfuse PA-S1, BS*
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair, Wallace Student Society