[Pa23] FW: Survey evaluating PA students confidence in nutrition education

Johnson, Betty Lynne bljohnson at campbell.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:26:44 EST 2022

And another opportunity . . .

From: Amanda R Taylor <amanda.taylor2 at student.shu.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 7, 2022 6:15 PM
Subject: Survey evaluating PA students confidence in nutrition education

Good evening,
I am following up to remind you about our study. Please see below for details regarding study participation.

My name is Amanda Taylor, and I am a third-year PA student at Seton Hall PA Department and the primary investigator for this research study which is part of our research methods course. We invite you to forward this email to your Physician Assistant students. We invite current PA students to participate in an online survey, titled "An Evaluation of Confidence in Nutrition Education in Physician Assistant Programs in the United States", exploring the perception of PA students on nutritional education during PA school training. Please complete the survey by January 27th 2022.

The information provided below should assist you and the PA students in further understanding our study and select if you choose to participate in this study.

Researchers' Affiliation:

We are third year Physician Assistant students affiliated with Seton Hall University. Our team is looking to investigate nutritional education provided by PA programs across the nation and how the quality of the education impacts the students' perceived confidence in their ability to counsel future patients on nutrition.

Overview of our Study:

The goal of our study is to examine the nutrition curricula offered in PA programs from PA students' perspectives. The information listed below should help you decide whether or not you want to participate in the study. This study entails students to partake in a survey that asks questions based on their confidence in their PA school education on nutritional education. We will ultimately propose educational plans to amplify nutrition-based knowledge and confidence amongst PAs. Hopefully students' contribution will enhance the PA education for future students.

Expected Duration:

The survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete.

Survey Eligibility:

All current PA students are invited to participate in the study. Access to the survey may be obtained via Qualtrics, a survey-based application, by clicking here<https://shu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcZ6K3FmvvSpthc> or copying and pasting on the link below:

https://shu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcZ6K3FmvvSpthc

Voluntary Participation:

Participation in this survey is entirely voluntary and there is no penalty for choosing to withdraw from the study at any time. Students will self-select their participation in this survey. There will be no compensation for completing the survey.

Anonymity:

No research records involving identifiable, personal data, such as the student's name will be preserved. Any identifiable information will be deleted before the data is analyzed.

Maintaining Confidentiality:

The students' anonymity will be maintained. Survey data will be stored on a password-secured flash drive shared only with the primary investigators and locked on the Seton Hall IHS Campus-PA Department. This study was approved by the IRB of Seton Hall University.

Contact information:

If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about this research project, you can contact the principal investigator, Amanda Taylor at amanda.taylor2 at student.shu.edu<mailto:amanda.taylor2 at student.shu.edu>. and (MirelaBruza-Augatis, bruzaami at shu.edu<mailto:bruzaami at shu.edu>, 973-275-4828) or the Seton Hall University Institutional Review Board ("IRB") at (973)761-9334 or irb at shu.edu<mailto:irb at shu.edu>.

Thank You,

Amanda Taylor, Nicole Sadej, Bailey Bestle, Sarah Waleck, and Benjamin Santoro
Supervising Seton Hall Faculty Member: Professor Mirela Bruza