[lawmajordonors] FW: Letter to Faculty/Staff/Etc.

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:15:48 EDT 2024

From: Pryor, C. Scott <pryors at campbell.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2024 2:44 PM
To: Leonard, J. Rich <leonardjr at campbell.edu>
Subject: Letter to Faculty/Staff/Etc.

Dear Dean Leonard, Faculty Colleagues, Law School Staff, and Friends of Campbell Law,

It is with deeply conflicted emotions that I write to inform you that the Fall 2024 term will be my last at Campbell. I plan to retire from teaching at the end of 2024. My wife and I will be relocating from Raleigh to Richmond, Virginia to be closer to children and grandchildren.

I have enjoyed being a classroom teacher since 1998. The past eight years of teaching at Campbell (and my earlier year as a visitor) and living in Raleigh have been among the most gratifying of our lives. I will greatly miss my classroom students and kibitzing with my colleagues. But time goes only forward and now is the right time to make this transition.

I thank all of you, especially Dean Leonard, former Dean Essary, as well as current and former faculty colleagues for giving me this opportunity.  I also thank the many helpful members of the law school staff that I have come to know and appreciate. You know your work is vital.

May God bless all of you and Campbell Law in the years to come.

Scott

Professor C. Scott Pryor
Campbell University School of Law
225 Hillsborough St.