[lawmajordonors] FW: The Week Ahead | 9/5 - 9/11 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Tue Sep 6 09:37:55 EDT 2022

From: CU-NAWSOL Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities <OSLPBO at campbell.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2022 9:29 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu; Raleigh Campus All Faculty and Staff <raleighcampusall at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Cc: lawBOV at list.campbell.edu
Subject: The Week Ahead | 9/5 - 9/11 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8C150.A892B140]

The Week Ahead
Campbell Law School Community Newsletter
on behalf of the Student Bar Association

Announcements

SBA Events Calendar + The Week Ahead Newsletter
To have your event approved and added to the Week Ahead Newsletter, please fill out the Event Request Form and email Assistant Dean of Student Life & Pro Bono Opportunities, Raven Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>. The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for the following week's newsletter. If you have any questions, please email Assistant Dean Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>.

SBA Student Spotlight
Know a Campbell Law Student that deserves some recognition? Nominate them for the SBA Student Spotlight! Simply tell us the nominee's name and why they deserve the spotlight for a day. Accomplishments do not have to be academic or law school related. Examples include: running in a 5K, volunteering, overcoming personal challenges, traveling, dedication to family or friends, heading up a project for a student organization, etc. Selected nominees will be featured on SBA's Instagram, @campbelllawsba. To nominate someone for the SBA Student Spotlight, click HERE.<https://forms.gle/tLwg4ib4Kw5HftkNA>

Connections Mentorship Program
3Ls only:  If you are interested in signing up for the Connections Mentorship Program and have not attended our information session or event, please contact Dean Megan Sherron (sherron at campbell.edu<mailto:sherron at campbell.edu>) for more information.  To participate in the program, you must be in good academic standing, a 3L, complete a mentorcliQ profile, and attend orientation.
For those who attended our event last week and would like to participate, you can register on Mentorcliq at the link below.  You will fill out your profile which includes your practice area interests that help Dean Sherron in matching you with a mentor.   You must complete a profile by Friday, September 9 (deadline extended!) to participate. Click here to enroll in the program!<https://campbelllaw.mentorcliq.com/enroll/campbell-law-connections-mentorship-program>
We will host two orientation sessions for you to attend, one on Monday, September 12 at 5pm and the other Tuesday, September 13 at noon.  Food will be provided at both sessions.  You can select which works best for you and register here<https://igfn.us/form/EQevqg>.  If neither are an option, please email Dean Sherron to let her know as you must attend orientation to participate.
If you have any questions, please let Dean Sherron know!  We look forward to working with you in this exciting program!
Events & Activities

Monday, September 5

Labor Day
No classes

Tuesday, September 6

12:00pm-1:00pm
105
Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA)
Come join Campbell Law RNLA for their first event of the semester with NC Supreme Court Candidate Trey Allen. Lunch provided!

12:00pm-1:00pm
308
Capital Area Teen Court Pro Bono Project
Want to get involved at Campbell Law? Need Pro Bono hours? Want to volunteer with a Non-Profit? Think you have what it takes to be a judge? Capital Area Teen Court will be holding an interest meeting on September 6, in Room 308. Please join us!

12:00pm-1:00pm
309
Education Law Pro Bono Project
Interest meeting

Wednesday, September 7

12:00pm-12:45pm
105
Campbell Law Democrats
Campbell Law Democrats is hosting a weekly series in September where notable elected officials and judges will come speak about how advocacy and the law meet politics and policy. We will moderate the events and ask curated questions to the speakers. Join us to hear from the Honorable Justice Sam Ervin of the North Carolina Supreme Court on September 7.

12:00pm-12:45pm
307
Lambda Law
Interest Meeting

12:00pm-12:45pm
309
Federalist Society
Join us for our introductory event to welcome our members back and serve lunch!

4:30pm-5:30pm
313
Campbell Law School Community Meeting
Ashlee Lawson, the CEO, Owner and Operator of the primary Chick-fil-A franchise in Raleigh in The Village District (formerly Cameron Village) will be present for a community conversation about Chick-fil-A's past and present practices, both at the national and local level. All members of the law school community are welcome to attend.

Thursday, September 8

12:00pm-1:00pm
105
National Security - Military Law Student Association (NS-MLSA)
First Responder at Ground Zero: Join us to hear from retired FBI special agent Wesley Wong who responded to the World Trade Center on 9/11 and survived the collapse of both towers. Lunch provided!

12:00pm-1:00pm
309
Campbell Law Innocence Project (CLIP)
Join the Campbell Law Innocence Project for our interest meeting. CLIP is Campbell Law's chapter of the North Carolina's Center on Actual Innocence. The purpose of this partnership is to provide students at Campbell Law with the practical experience of working with real cases and real people to assist in the process of obtaining justice in instances where claims of actual innocence exist. Lunch will be provided.

Friday, September 9

12:00pm-1:00pm
308
Environmental Law Society (ELS)
Join the Environmental Law Society as we plant small community gardens around the classroom balconies.  Later in the year, feel free to pick some of the plants to take home.

12:00pm-1:00pm
413
'Red Letter' Bible Study
You are invited to the 'Red Letter' Bible study (every Friday!) for food, fellowship, and the good Word.

Saturday, September 10

Sunday, September 11
6:00pm
105
SBA
General Council Meeting

Looking Ahead

Campbell Law School 2022 Bike Ride | October 22
Save the Date! Join Campbell Law School for its 4th Annual Bike Ride fundraiser to support student-led Pro Bono projects! Visit www.law.campbell.edu<http://www.law.campbell.edu> for more info.

Additional Information

Questions, Suggestions, Comments, and/or Concerns?
Let SBA know using the Virtual Suggestion Box<https://forms.gle/BPWbEXtwYLLGtAH37>!  Submissions will be reviewed by the SBA Executive Board and discussed during bi-weekly SBA Council meetings. The outcome of Virtual Suggestion Box matters will be documented in SBA Meeting Minutes. Minutes are attached to the Week Ahead email following the SBA meeting. Students may submit anonymously; if contact information is provided, we will follow up with the outcome of your submission.

Health & Wellness Resources
[cid:image002.png at 01D8C150.A892B140]

Be sure to follow Campbell Law School on your favorite social media sites to stay up to date:
Facebook: Campbell University School of Law<https://www.facebook.com/campbelllawschool/> | Twitter: @CampbellLawNow,<https://twitter.com/CampbellLawNow> | Instagram: @Campbell_law<http://www.instagram.com/campbell_law/>