[lawmajordonors] Fwd: Rich, Here's this week's edition of the Career Advisor

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Mon Oct 3 18:19:23 EDT 2022

________________________________
From: Campbell Law Career Center <lawcareercenter at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2022 9:44:58 AM
To: Leonard, J. Rich <leonardjr at campbell.edu>
Subject: Rich, Here's this week's edition of the Career Advisor

News, events and information to advance your career
[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/1506a399-e0eb-4d5b-d11c-3268325b7a55.jpg]
Empowering You for Professional Success

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/61efc51b-5c13-d2b6-965a-111d709832ac.png]

Meet Up Monday Returns - Monday, October 10 at 12 pm
You asked and we listened!  "If I take a litigation job representing exclusively one side (ie plaintiff/prosecution or civil/criminal defense) and I later decide I want to switch sides, will I be able to do so?"  Join Dean Giancola and Director Underwood for an informal gathering to address this and other questions to consider as you contemplate decisions about your career path. Weather permitting, we will meet outside at Essary Place. We will confirm location in the October 10 edition of the Career Advisor.

Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance's Intellectual Property Career Showcase | Oct. 12, 4-6pm
This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn about various IP careers, network with IP professionals, and participate in two panel discussions with Q&A. This is a hybrid event with either virtual or in-person attendance. The event will take place at Emory University School of Law. Registration coming soon.

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/4b2b950a-04e1-a514-bb93-b964d99bb297.png]
CAREER NIGHT is coming up November 10 at the Contemporary Art Museum!

We are pleased to announce that we have approximately 70 representatives from almost 40 different employers signed up to participate. Be prepared to make the most of this exceptional opportunity to connect with attorneys from a wide range of practice areas who are there to meet you, share wisdom from their own legal journey, and answer your questions about their experiences in the profession.

Our event is currently at capacity and we are maintaining a wait list. If you have indicated you will attend and your availability changes, please email MK (mkinley at campbell.edu) and let her know so another student can take advantage of this opportunity.

Tips on how to prepare for Career Night:

  *   Click HERE<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=5497eaf8ba&e=716d1b6c05> to review the list of participating employers and familiarize yourself with who they are (use employer websites etc).
  *   Plan to meet with at least 5-10 different employers to get varied professional perspectives. This is an informal event and you will choose who you meet. We encourage you to take advantage of this time and connect with as many attorneys as you can. Remember, there is value in meeting lawyers and speaking with employers from diverse practice areas even if not specifically in your area(s) of interest.
  *   Dress professionally in business attire. Join us for Dressing for Professional Success on October 25 in room 105 to polish your professional look.
  *   ATTEND THE NETWORKING 101 SESSION planned for November 7 in room 105. It is specifically designed to help you prepare for this event. We will also be available to answer last minute questions about Career Night.
  *   You do not need to bring a resume or any materials to Career Night.

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/7b8355c2-abb7-075a-0fe5-04ef538d4d34.png]
Networking is an extremely important professional development skill. Campbell Law provides exceptionally robust opportunities for you to practice networking in addition to opportunities you pursue on your own.  Getting to know your fellow law students, who will be your future colleagues, is an important start. In addition, on site and off-site programs with guest speakers are the easiest ways to take advantage of connecting and developing relationships with practicing attorneys. Click HERE<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=0d7649f858&e=716d1b6c05> for some basic tips to keep in mind to help you maximize opportunities to build connections in the legal community.

Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=0428ce14f4&e=716d1b6c05> to access the Law Career blackboard page.

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/dbd82770-b085-94cd-f841-2d3547678e31.png]

Make sure to check Symplicity regularly! Updated opportunities are added almost daily.

Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman PLLC is seeking a 2L or 3L to join their office as a Summer Law Clerk. Interest in complex litigation is preferred. Symplicity ID #17838

The Wake County Attorney's Office is hiring an intern or extern for the Spring semester. The intern will work primarily with the Child Protective Services division. Symplicity ID #17166

Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=7ca49ce7de&e=716d1b6c05> to access Symplicity

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/fff41667-933d-e654-55c0-743fce5b7690.png]

Make sure to check Symplicity regularly for externship opportunities!

Fapojuwo Law is seeking an extern for Spring 2023. Interest in criminal defense is preferred. Bilingual preferred, but not required. Symplicity ID #17830

The Town of Cary is hiring a Spring extern. Great for students who like the idea of working in a public sector gig that can offer unique and varied projects. Symplicity ID #15992

Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=c209dfa266&e=716d1b6c05> to access Symplicity for externship opportunities.
Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=9f47c06e81&e=716d1b6c05> to access the Blackboard externship information page.

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/6977fbfa-1ce3-64fb-e111-940b2a8ca148.png]
Community Legal Aid is hiring a Family Law Staff Attorney to join its Family Law Unit in north-central Massachusetts. Symplicity ID #17819

Sawyer Law is hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney to join their Greensboro office. Symplicity ID #17812

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of General Counsel (OGC) is accepting applications for its 2023-2024 Legal Honors Program.The OGC Legal Honors Program is the primary entry-level hiring program for HUD’s Office of General Counsel. Eligible applicants are 3L law students, graduate students, and students holding a judicial law clerk position. Hiring occurs once a year, and may fill positions in Headquarters, Regional, or Field Offices. Symplicity ID #17765.

Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=941fd34e0c&e=716d1b6c05> to access Symplicity for these and other job opportunities

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/93d6cc52-dbff-36e0-a8a1-25a50b085116.png]

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/02194c4b-702c-9474-dacd-e2f048679f70.png]
Research Triangle Area Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel 2022 Scholarship Program
The Chapter plans to award several scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500, to students who have completed at least one year of law school in the greater Triangle area and who otherwise satisfy the program's eligibility requirements. Applications for the scholarship and all other required materials must be postmarked by October 21, 2022. Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=e30eb10a39&e=716d1b6c05> for more information. Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=ac6f82ef71&e=716d1b6c05> for the application.

Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=fd7812b231&e=716d1b6c05> to check out scholarship opportunities posted by the ABA!

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/c38aa005-948d-253c-1d2c-92ef02bfe794.png]
Arizona Handbook: Government Entry-Level and Summer Internship JOB POSTINGS!
The Handbook is a huge aggregation of job postings and hiring details for over 200 federal, state and municipal job postings. Sort the opportunities by your class year, and get to applying! Not all federal positions are in DC, so don’t overlook this!
http://arizonahandbooks.com/u/campbell<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=559333b069&e=716d1b6c05> [wiggins]

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/fac4512a-72bd-9fe8-1197-02fa276e727d.png]

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm

Career Center Team

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/7e827799-7e7d-6f90-8864-640bfc26a3c0.png]
April Giancola
Assistant Dean of Career and Professional Development
email<mailto:agianola at campbell.edu> | LinkedIn<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=da47d866d4&e=716d1b6c05>

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/685f3bd6-6779-f8a7-ccd8-dadb615b44cf.png]
Niya Fonville Swint
Director of Externships
email<mailto:nfonville at campbell.edu> | LinkedIn<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=0ccfcf8e26&e=716d1b6c05>

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/40100c30-2234-91f0-e83e-511492b16a4c.png]
Mallory Underwood
Director of Career and Professional Development
email<mailto:munderwood at campbell.edu> | LinkedIn<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=657789a408&e=716d1b6c05>

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/10345726-ee8e-ca35-e80f-842db7c89b3d.png]
Mary Kathryn Kinley
Recruiting Coordinator & Office Manager
email<mailto:mkinley at campbell.edu> | LinkedIn<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=d62dbffac7&e=716d1b6c05>

[Email the Center]<mailto:lawcareercenter at campbell.edu>         Email the Center<mailto:lawcareercenter at campbell.edu>
[Symplicity Log In]<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=10fbb2464d&e=716d1b6c05>   Symplicity Log In<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=d2b2d2b361&e=716d1b6c05>
[Request a Counseling Appointment]<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=042eba3410&e=716d1b6c05>    Request a Counseling Appointment<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=c2aeafaeb4&e=716d1b6c05>
[Follow Us On Instagram]<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=a145a3bb53&e=716d1b6c05>      Follow Us On Instagram<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=ab39ece032&e=716d1b6c05>

This email was sent to leonardjr at campbell.edu<mailto:leonardjr at campbell.edu>
why did I get this?<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/about?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=9341469c65&e=716d1b6c05&c=a51a72bc75>    unsubscribe from this list<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=9341469c65&e=716d1b6c05&c=a51a72bc75>    update subscription preferences<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/profile?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=9341469c65&e=716d1b6c05&c=a51a72bc75>
Campbell Law School Career Center · 225 Hillsborough St Ste 101 · Raleigh, NC 27603-1764 · USA