[lawmajordonors] Fwd: The Week Ahead | 2/7 - 2/13 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Mon Feb 7 09:48:31 EST 2022

________________________________
From: CU-NAWSOL Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities <OSLPBO at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 7, 2022 8:58:56 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu <lawstudents at list.campbell.edu>; Raleigh Campus All Faculty and Staff <raleighcampusall at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Cc: lawBOV at list.campbell.edu <lawbov at list.campbell.edu>
Subject: The Week Ahead | 2/7 - 2/13 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D81C00.EE001470]

The Week Ahead

Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

on behalf of the Student Bar Association

Announcements

SBA Events Calendar + The Week Ahead Newsletter

Click HERE<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/1?cid=Y19wNXIzMHVra2I4cmczbzloMnVqNjNuYTl2OEBncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t%20> to view the calendar of upcoming events at Campbell Law School. To publish your group’s activity in The Week Ahead and on the SBA Events Calendar, please fill out this form.<https://forms.gle/Go7BiKkp7vAsAC8XA> The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for the following week’s newsletter. If you have any questions, please email Director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities Raven Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>.

SBA Student Spotlight

Know a Campbell Law Student that deserves some recognition? Nominate them for the SBA Student Spotlight! Simply tell us the nominee's name and why they deserve the spotlight for a day. Accomplishments do not have to be academic or law school related. Examples include: running in a 5K, volunteering, overcoming personal challenges, traveling, dedication to family or friends, heading up a project for a student organization, etc. Selected nominees will be featured on SBA's Instagram, @campbelllawsba. To nominate someone for the SBA Student Spotlight, click HERE.<https://forms.gle/tLwg4ib4Kw5HftkNA>

Events & Activities

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Last Spring the faculty agreed to conduct a review of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the law school. The school has retained Russell McClain to help with this work. Mr. McClain is a law school professor and Associate Dean at the University of Maryland Carey Law School. His scholarly and professional work focus on the effect environments have on learning and engagement. If you would like to schedule a small group meeting with Dean McClain to share your thoughts and experiences, use this survey to let the school know your availability:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=SrzNPUx-e0CA93-2dXGC8pRQ_WEqFO9Ht7zvxC06YoJUOVJYMlBGSUNMRUFQWFo3MkdKUUVFQ0NEQi4u

February 4 – 13 | Hispanic Law Students Association | Valentine’s Day Dream Basket

Buy as many tickets as you want for the chance to win this amazing basket for any loved one valued at $190! Tickets are $10 each. Drawing for the raffle winner will be on February 13th. We will deliver the basket to the lucky winner! igfn.us/form/UsK5gQ<https://igfn.us/form/UsK5gQ>

Monday, February 7th

12:05 – 12:45pm

313

Peer Mentor

Section 1 1L’s: Join your Peer Mentors in Room 313 as we talk about the upcoming semester, extracurriculars, and answer any of your questions about second semester of 1L year!

Tuesday, February 8th

12:05 – 12:50pm

308

SBA Meeting

To attend virtually click the link below:

https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/c6a68ac963d5457bb4926792b71b9baf

12:05 – 1:00pm

310

Law Students Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence

Join LSASADV for our first meeting of the semester! Come learn about our plans for the upcoming semester and our upcoming elections. Lunch will be provided- first come, first serve!

6:30 – 9:00pm

105

Campbell Law’s Got Talent!

Join PBC and SBA on February 8 at 6:30pm for Campbell Law’s Got Talent! We’ll have live judging, gift cards, and the opportunity to participate in a silent auction to raise money for Pro Bono Council!

Wednesday, February 9th

9:00 – 11:00am

Virtual

Alumni Association Virtual CLE

The Alumni Association is hosting a Virtual CLE. Brian Oten will be speaking on “Real Life Ethics in a Virtual World” and Laura Boyd will be speaking on “Healthy Boundaries.” This CLE will offer one hour of ethics and one hour of substance abuse/metal health credit.  Register HERE<https://campbell.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=be802290c8d6d7add97ca6f83&id=f243f67394&e=e0aa688826>.

9:00am – 1:00pm

Pope

Foyer

Thank a Giver Day

Tags will be placed throughout the building to serve as a visual reminder that donor generosity has helped make Campbell Law what we know and love.  This year, we are celebrating the conclusion of the Campbell Leads campaign, which the university raised over $105 million for scholarships, the student union and more.  The first 50 students to come by the TAG Day table from 9am – 1pm and write a thank you note will receive a complimentary long sleeve t-shirt.  The table will be located on the first floor of the law school, in the Pope Foyer.  Thank you notes are extra special this year, addressed to Campbell Leads donors! You can read more about TAG Day as well as additional contests by clicking here<https://campaign.campbell.edu/why-give/thank-giver-day/>.

Thursday, February 10th

12:05 – 1:00pm

310

LAMBDA Law

Join Lambda Law for our first meeting of the spring semester! We will discuss upcoming events, voting, and more!

Friday, February 11th

1:00pm

Zoom

The Society of Law and Technology

The Campbell Law Society of Law & Technology is excited to announce that it is going to hold a short meeting on Friday, February 11th, to discuss a writing opportunity for the club. The meeting will be by Zoom, and will occur at 1 PM EST.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/96747898168?pwd=WWVqRHNHZDVmV3piVjN5WUJuWm84dz09
Meeting ID: 967 4789 8168
Passcode: 813459

Saturday, February 12th

Sunday, February 13th

Looking Ahead

February 14 | 1 1:00am – 1:00pm | Commons

SBA & PBC Valentine’s Day Candy Gram

SBA and PBC will host a Valentine’s Day Candy Gram sale to benefit PBC! Prices range from $3-$5 and will be available in the commons from 11am-1pm on Valentine’s Day. Come purchase some sweet treats for your crush or friends!

February 14 | 12:00pm – 1:00pm | Commons

Environmental Law Society Valentine’s Day Event

Join the Environmental Law Society for a Valentine’s Day Event! We will be distributing planting materials for your planting needs. We will have various flowers and herbs as options. Also, learn about some of the environmental law issues in our area. See you in the commons!

February 19 | 8:00pm – 12:00am | Raleigh Marriot City Center Ballrooms

Barristers’ Ball

Campbell Law SBA presents Spring 2022 Barristers’ Ball! Music provided by Liquid Pleasure. Hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and a cash bar will be provided.

Purchase your t-shirt here: https://thegraphiccowcompany.com/tbanker?proofId=WO682905<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthegraphiccowcompany.com%2Ftbanker%3FproofId%3DWO682905%26fbclid%3DIwAR2UP7nlNUS2BVz5KENoQmvYBfEAZW4YposVymAJ7xu-VLhOkPFDYwGBqdw&h=AT0hebXeHRw77oEennDo3yii7TgZVTPntb0_wFKWvuBRkRO3yYQs0sv0fphu62co0BPwkW6aXCb_OUpzKl5MJYfEUq34m1M3rFVjiWEen1V3z0qZLB-ekyfDUZ0LHycVuUPIkoqNagjL6PY1o4eN6-s&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5B0%5D=AT0OcORt_XMYZ4OOdXobnMf6AFrSgzZzfFUKXt0rawY8tnm1CzRppI8XC2eZWMabONewMM6feHR5rAZw3NyDFScqgANX1XZdpJP36idi0Ej7aXTa1EWwuyzsieNBg4ZbM1Zkx2qwE25yvJOZHZhwBG1Yt2V0vBvZfDMieT0NWltmmyu8Wxb1Pb0x76eq3kzuGqs_R7R9wwK3weiGCh0>

T-shirt sales end February 18th. Early bird tickets will be $30 per person until February 4th and then will increase to $35 per person. Each ticket includes a special koozie and cup! Each Campbell student may bring one guest. Ticket sales end February 14th.

Purchase your tickets here: https://app.mobilecause.com/form/oBFnlw?vid=pjbuk

Covid-19 Information

Total Positive Cases as of December 30, 2021: 67

Students: 57

Faculty: 10

Additional Information

Questions, Suggestions, Comments, and/or Concerns?

Let SBA know using the Virtual Suggestion Box<https://forms.gle/BPWbEXtwYLLGtAH37>!  Submissions will be reviewed by the SBA Executive Board and discussed during bi-weekly SBA Council meetings. The outcome of Virtual Suggestion Box matters will be documented in SBA Meeting Minutes. Minutes are attached to the Week Ahead email following the SBA meeting. Students may submit anonymously; if contact information is provided, we will follow up with the outcome of your submission.

Health & Wellness Resources

[cid:image002.png at 01D81C00.EE001470]

Be sure to follow Campbell Law School on your favorite social media sites to stay up to date:

Facebook: Campbell University School of Law<https://www.facebook.com/campbelllawschool/> | Twitter: @CampbellLawNow,<https://twitter.com/CampbellLawNow> | Instagram: @Campbell_law<http://www.instagram.com/campbell_law/>