[lawmajordonors] FW: The Week Ahead | 4/18 - 4/24 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Mon Apr 18 10:08:40 EDT 2022

From: CU-NAWSOL Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities <OSLPBO at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2022 9:26 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu; Raleigh Campus All Faculty and Staff <raleighcampusall at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Cc: lawBOV at list.campbell.edu
Subject: The Week Ahead | 4/18 - 4/24 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D85006.CEE26900]

The Week Ahead
Campbell Law School Community Newsletter
on behalf of the Student Bar Association

Announcements

SBA Events Calendar + The Week Ahead Newsletter
The SBA Calendar is now available on the SBA website. Student Organizations that want to have their events added to the SBA Calendar should fill out the following form:
https://forms.gle/Mgm3fBzAuVFC3Xhf8.
To have your event approved and added to the Week Ahead Newsletter, please fill out the Event Request Form and email Director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities, Raven Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>. The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for the following week's newsletter. If you have any questions, please email Director Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>.

SBA Student Spotlight
Know a Campbell Law Student that deserves some recognition? Nominate them for the SBA Student Spotlight! Simply tell us the nominee's name and why they deserve the spotlight for a day. Accomplishments do not have to be academic or law school related. Examples include: running in a 5K, volunteering, overcoming personal challenges, traveling, dedication to family or friends, heading up a project for a student organization, etc. Selected nominees will be featured on SBA's Instagram, @campbelllawsba. To nominate someone for the SBA Student Spotlight, click HERE.<https://forms.gle/tLwg4ib4Kw5HftkNA>

Events & Activities

Social Justice Survey
Dear Campbell Law Students and Faculty:
A survey is being conducted on Social Justice and Law School Curricula. This form is meant to help understand perceptions around how classes deal with social justice issues.  Please take a moment to fill out this form and provide any additional comments.  We sincerely hope you will take this survey so we can improve Campbell Law for all of our community. For any questions, please contact Professor Gadson at mgadson at campbell.edu<mailto:mgadson at campbell.edu>.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-LV5aZRRLvO2ydFX6eVZhz0VOL353OEc1dh-4GwlQeqGkMw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Course Evaluations
Students, course evaluations for the Spring 2022 Semester are now open until April 24 at 11:59 pm. All responses are confidential and anonymous. You can find the course evaluations link in your email. Your professors and the law school take these very seriously and encourage everyone to give their honest feedback.

Monday, April 18th

12:00-1:00pm
414
HLSA
Please join the Hispanic Law Student Association for its last general body meeting of the semester. We will celebrate graduating 3Ls and completing another semester!

Tuesday, April 19th

9:00am - 4:00pm
Virtual or In Person
Career Blitz
We would first like to congratulate you on making it through another challenging semester and coming out the other side with much success and resilience. To continue to provide opportunities for support from the Career Center, we have a Career Blitz. You are invited to drop in for a 20-minute virtual or in person meeting with myself, Director Underwood or Director Fonville for any job search questions you may have.  We are happy to review your resume, cover letter, or just sit and listen to your thoughts about your professional development journey.
If you have not secured a legally related position for the Summer, it is not too late.  We can help you still reach that goal. Click this link <https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Zg0X5sBH5SviPnQd3Z5bBFvnpJiMiS5z1K6SI1CYlU/edit> to come meet with us.

12:05 - 12:45pm
105
Campbell Law Review
Campbell Law Review will be hosting a Bluebook Bootcamp to highlight important aspects of every law student's favorite book: The Bluebook.
Bluebooking, the process of conforming legal text to the nationally accepted standards codified in The Bluebook, is the primary responsibility of all 2Ls on the Campbell Law Review, and students' bluebooking abilities will be tested as part of the Write-On Competition. This Bootcamp is not an expansive, all-encompassing session on all things Bluebook; it is simply meant to expand on students' current familiarity with The Bluebook and to highlight aspects of The Bluebook that are most likely to be tested during the Write-On Competition. Snacks will be provided!

12:00 - 1:00pm
313
Christian Legal Society
Join CLS for a prayer for students preparing for exams. All are welcome!

3:00-4:30pm
105
Peer Mentors Section 2
Section 2 Peer Mentors join us for our final Peer Mentor meeting of the semester!

Wednesday, April 20th

LAST DAY OF CLASSES!

11:30am - 1:30pm
Pope Foyer & Outside
L-DOC Barristers BBQ Bash
Join SBA on the Last Day of Class to celebrate a great year and gear up for exams! Sam Jones BBQ is providing the food for a second year in a row. Come out for some great food and good times with your peers! There will be tables inside and outside (weather permitting) as well as fun games including corn hole and quoits!

11:30am - 1:30pm
Faculty Lounge
Campbell Law Faculty & Staff Appreciation Lunch
Campbell Law Faculty & Staff are invited to the Faculty & Staff Appreciation Lunch in the Faculty Lounge. Come join us to celebrate your hard work!

Thursday, April 21st

Reading Day

Friday, April 22nd

Reading Day

Saturday, April 23rd

Sunday, April 24th

Last day to submit course evaluations.

Looking Ahead

Graduation Rehearsal | May 12 | 11:00 am | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts & Marbles Kids Museum
A mandatory Graduation Rehearsal will be on May 12 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. Please bring your cap and gown for a class photo. Following rehearsal, there will be a graduation reception at Marbles at 2:00 pm. Refreshments and light hors d'oeuvres will be provided.

Graduation | May 13 | 10:00 am | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts
Class of 2022
Class of 2022, get ready! Graduation is on May 13 at 10:00 am. Each student will receive 12 tickets for their guests. Graduation tickets and regalia will be distributed the week of graduation. A livestream link will be available for those unable to attend.

Check out Graduation FAQs to answer any of your questions: https://law.campbell.edu/about/graduation/graduation-faqs/

Covid-19 Information

Total positive cases as of December 31, 2021:
Students: 73
Faculty/Staff: 11
There are currently no active cases

Additional Information

Questions, Suggestions, Comments, and/or Concerns?
Let SBA know using the Virtual Suggestion Box<https://forms.gle/BPWbEXtwYLLGtAH37>!  Submissions will be reviewed by the SBA Executive Board and discussed during bi-weekly SBA Council meetings. The outcome of Virtual Suggestion Box matters will be documented in SBA Meeting Minutes. Minutes are attached to the Week Ahead email following the SBA meeting. Students may submit anonymously; if contact information is provided, we will follow up with the outcome of your submission.

Health & Wellness Resources
[cid:image002.png at 01D85006.CEE26900]

Be sure to follow Campbell Law School on your favorite social media sites to stay up to date:
Facebook: Campbell University School of Law<https://www.facebook.com/campbelllawschool/> | Twitter: @CampbellLawNow,<https://twitter.com/CampbellLawNow> | Instagram: @Campbell_law<http://www.instagram.com/campbell_law/>