[lawmajordonors] Fwd: The Week Ahead | 4/11 - 4/17 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:13:37 EDT 2022

________________________________
From: CU-NAWSOL Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities <OSLPBO at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2022 9:37:42 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu <lawstudents at list.campbell.edu>; Raleigh Campus All Faculty and Staff <raleighcampusall at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Cc: lawBOV at list.campbell.edu <lawbov at list.campbell.edu>
Subject: The Week Ahead | 4/11 - 4/17 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D84D84.DEF8AA90]

The Week Ahead

Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

on behalf of the Student Bar Association

Announcements

SBA Events Calendar + The Week Ahead Newsletter

The SBA Calendar is now available on the SBA website. Student Organizations that want to have their events added to the SBA Calendar should fill out the following form:

https://forms.gle/Mgm3fBzAuVFC3Xhf8.

To have your event approved and added to the Week Ahead Newsletter, please fill out the Event Request Form and email the Director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities, Raven Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>. The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for the following week’s newsletter. If you have any questions, please email Director Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>.

SBA Student Spotlight

Know a Campbell Law Student that deserves some recognition? Nominate them for the SBA Student Spotlight! Simply tell us the nominee's name and why they deserve the spotlight for a day. Accomplishments do not have to be academic or law school related. Examples include: running in a 5K, volunteering, overcoming personal challenges, traveling, dedication to family or friends, heading up a project for a student organization, etc. Selected nominees will be featured on SBA's Instagram, @campbelllawsba. To nominate someone for the SBA Student Spotlight, click HERE.<https://forms.gle/tLwg4ib4Kw5HftkNA>

Events & Activities

Notice of Proposed Student Organization: R.E.S.P.E.C.T Re-Emerging Students & Parents Educating & Connecting Together

An Application for Organization Charter for R.E.S.P.E.C.T has been approved by the Office of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities. Please see the attached Application for Organization Charter and Constitution. As a part of the student organization chartering process, a “Notice of Proposed Student Organization” announcement will be added to the Week Ahead Newsletter for the two weeks immediately following the approval of the organization.  Any student may appeal the creation of a student organization to the Community, Diversity, and Student Life Committee within ten (10) business days of the first, published “Notice of Proposed Student Organization” announcement. To begin the appeal process, the student must send an email to the Director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities, Raven Byrne at rbryne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbryne at campbell.edu> and the Chair of the Community, Diversity, and Student Life Committee, Lisa Lukasik at lukasikl at campbell.edu<mailto:lukasikl at campbell.edu>.  The Community, Diversity, and Student Life Committee will investigate the appeal in a timely manner. Any decision by the Community, Diversity, and Student Life Committee will be reviewed by the Dean of the Law School who retains final approval authority.

Social Justice Survey

A survey is being conducted on Social Justice and Law School Curricula.  This form is meant to help understand perceptions around how classes deal with social justice issues.  Please take a moment to fill out this form and provide any additional comments.  We sincerely hope you will take this survey so we can improve Campbell Law for all of our community. For any questions, please contact Professor Gadson

at mgadson at campbell.edu<mailto:mgadson at campbell.edu>.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-LV5aZRRLvO2ydFX6eVZhz0VOL353OEc1dh-4GwlQeqGkMw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Course Evaluations

Students, course evaluations for the Spring 2022 Semester are now open until April 24 at 11:59 pm. All responses are confidential and anonymous. You can find the course evaluations link in your email. Your professors and the law school take these very seriously and encourage everyone to give their honest feedback.

Monday, April 11th

Tuesday, April 12th

12:05-12:50pm

308

Lambda Law

Lambda Law is having elections on Tuesday, April 12th, during the lunch hour! Come out for our final meeting of the semester and enjoy lunch with us as we vote in the next executive board. See you there!

105

5:00-6:00pm

SBA & Honor Court General Elections Open Forum

The open forum is open to all candidates, regardless of their class (rising 2L or rising 3L) or position they are running for.  There is no requirement to participate.

Wednesday, April 13th

12:00 – 1:00pm

105

Career Center

After Graduation: How I Got My Job.

Join us for a panel discussing how to successfully secure jobs after graduation. The panel features three Class of 2021 Campbell Law alumni (Carter Cole, Morgan Dunn, Lexus Sanders) who all got their jobs after they graduated from law school. Lunch is provided for those who register.

DEADLINE – Monday, April 11th

Registration Link:

https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/after-graduation-how-i-got-my-job

12:00 – 12:55pm

309

Black Law Students Association

Come meet the new E-Board and congratulate our outgoing 3L’s! We will have food and fun!

12:05 – 12:55pm

313

Law Students Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence

Join LSASADV for our last event of the semester as we recognize Sexual Assault Awareness Month. We are so excited to be joined by Emily Gibson, a lawyer in the community who has extensive experience working with sexual assault survivors. She will talk with us about her work with sexual assault survivors and how to effectively counsel them without re-traumatizing them. Lunch will be provided, first come, first served!

Thursday, April 14th

12:05 – 12:45pm

105

Campbell Law Review

Please join us for a general interest meeting for Campbell Law Review Vol. 45. We will be giving details about what law review is and how to compete in the write-on competition. Students must have completed ALL 1L courses to be eligible to participate in the write-on competition. Chick-Fil-A provided! Contact Margaret Gunn (magunn0831 at emaill.campbell.edu<mailto:magunn0831 at emaill.campbell.edu>) with any questions.

12:05-1:00pm

313

Society of Law & Technology

Join us for our last event of the semester with a special guest speaker!

12:00 – 1:00pm

415

Christian Legal Society

Join us for our weekly Bible Study!

Friday, April 15th

Good Friday – No Classes

Saturday, April 16th

Sunday, April 17th

Easter Sunday

Looking Ahead

LDOC Barristers BBQ Bash | April 20 | 11:30 am - 1:30 pm

Join SBA on the Last Day of Class to celebrate a great year and gear up for exams! Sam Jones BBQ is providing the food for a second year in a row. Come out for some great food and good times with your peers! There will be tables inside and outside (weather permitting) as well as fun games!

Graduation Rehearsal | May 12 | 11:00 am | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts & Marbles Kids Museum

A mandatory Graduation Rehearsal will be on May 12 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. Please bring your cap and gown for a class photo. Following rehearsal there will be a graduation reception at Marbles at 2:00 pm. Refreshments and light hors d’oeuvres will be provided.

Graduation | May 13 | 10:00 am | Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts

Class of 2022

Class of 2022, get ready! Graduation is on May 13 at 10:00 am. Each student will receive 12 tickets for their guests. Graduation tickets and regalia will be distributed the week of graduation. A livestream link will be available for those unable to attend. Check out Graduation FAQ’s to answer any of your questions: https://law.campbell.edu/about/graduation/graduation-faqs/

Covid-19 Information:

Total positive cases as of December 31, 2021: 84

Students: 73

Faculty/Staff: 11

Additional Information

Questions, Suggestions, Comments, and/or Concerns?

Let SBA know using the Virtual Suggestion Box<https://forms.gle/BPWbEXtwYLLGtAH37>!  Submissions will be reviewed by the SBA Executive Board and discussed during bi-weekly SBA Council meetings. The outcome of Virtual Suggestion Box matters will be documented in SBA Meeting Minutes. Minutes are attached to the Week Ahead email following the SBA meeting. Students may submit anonymously; if contact information is provided, we will follow up with the outcome of your submission.

Health & Wellness Resources

[cid:image002.png at 01D84D84.DEF8AA90]

Be sure to follow Campbell Law School on your favorite social media sites to stay up to date:

Facebook: Campbell University School of Law<https://www.facebook.com/campbelllawschool/> | Twitter: @CampbellLawNow,<https://twitter.com/CampbellLawNow> | Instagram: @Campbell_law<http://www.instagram.com/campbell_law/>