[lawmajordonors] Selection of Adjunct Professor Pam McAfee as new Bankruptcy Judge

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Thu Jun 10 09:46:25 EDT 2021

Fourth Circuit selects Pamela W. McAfee as Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina
June 09, 2021
The Circuit Executive for the Fourth Circuit announced today that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has selected Pamela W. McAfee of Raleigh, N.C., to fill the impending Bankruptcy Judge vacancy in the Eastern District of North Carolina. The appointment is contingent upon a successful background investigation.
Friends,

I am sharing with you this good news from the Fourth Circuit this morning.  As you know, Pam has taught our survey bankruptcy course here to rave reviews, and together with Margaret Westbrook, successfully coached our Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court team for several years.  Pam is a brilliant lawyer, an elegant writer, and most important of all, a truly nice person.  She will be a terrific judge.  I confess to some paternal pride, as Pam started her legal career as my law clerk.

Dean Leonard