[Lawdiversity] Several Diversity Opportunities

Sanders, Nicholas R nsanders at campbell.edu
Wed Dec 13 15:22:02 EST 2023

Hi Diversity Listserv,

I hope you are all enjoying your holiday break so far! Below are several diversity opportunities that I wanted to bring to your attention:

K&L Gates 1L Power of Partnership Program (Charlotte or Raleigh): Please see these links for the full description of the programs in Raleigh<https://klgates.recsolu.com/jobs/FmAvPfI8JC9o6dmXmyTvuQ?job_board_id=o8D4HDBB0N8jcVnRfV263g> and Charlotte<https://klgates.recsolu.com/jobs/miEvoqaV1NF1yki886G1hw?job_board_id=o8D4HDBB0N8jcVnRfV263g>, including what application materials are required. Applications are currently being reviewing on a rolling basis, and the application windows will close on January 31, 2024. Please note that the posting states that you should not wait until you have received your first semester grades to submit your materials.

Zelle LLP: See the attached PDF for the full description of this opportunity for 1Ls. Applications must be received by January 8, 2024, and you may submit first semester grades separately when they become available.

Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship: See this link <https://www.meckbar.org/?pg=cldc-about-charlotte> for the full description. (Also on Symplicity under ID # 20349) NOTE: We will be having an informational session about this program as well as the NC Bar Associations' Minorities in the Profession Program in January. More information to come on that. The application deadline is January 19, 2024.

Moore and Van Allen: Please see Symplicity ID #20172 for their Diversity Scholars Program and #20173 for their 6th Annual Diversity Conference.

Summer Judicial Internship Diversity Project: This is a diversity opportunity that "will place law students as judicial interns in federal appellate, district, bankruptcy, magistrate and select state appellate judges’ chambers across the country." You can find the full description here<https://jtbapo.tfaforms.net/5073493>. The deadline is January 14, 2024 or until capacity has been reached (so, "early submissions are highly encouraged").

As always, we encourage you to reach out to one of us if you are considering applying for these positions, as we are happy to assist you as you create your applications.

Best,
Nick

Nicholas R. Sanders, Esq. (he/him/his)

Director of Externships

Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law

225 Hillsborough Street, Suite 101

Raleigh, NC 27603

Telephone: 919-865-4697

Personal Zoom Room : https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/my/n.sanders

Post an Externship Position : https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/externship-position-form/

[cid:c4482900-c27d-4b6d-a9f6-62cd55230c9c]