[Law25] Academy of the Advocate Presentation - This Friday!

Tilly, Daniel R. tillyd at campbell.edu
Mon Feb 6 19:56:12 EST 2023

[St Andrews Main]

Dear 1L & 2L Students,

Baylor Law Professor Jeremy Counseller will be here on Friday to host a presentation on the Academy of the Advocate. He will be discussing this incredible, two week study abroad program held in St. Andrews, Scotland that is entirely devoted to trial and appellate advocacy.  Prof. Counsellor will discuss logistics, costs, and partial scholarship opportunities.

The Academy is taught on the campus of the University of St. Andrews (founded in 1413). As he will discuss, the Academy of the Advocate develops students through focused, practical training in trial and appellate advocacy in three separate schools: the School of the Trial, the Advanced School of the Trial and the School of the Appeal. The Schools are taught by some of the finest lawyers, judges, and trial advocacy professors in the United States and United Kingdom.

Professor Counseller will be offering two presentations Friday, Feb. 10th at Noon in room 105 and at 3:30 p.m. in the Boyce Courtroom.

Free lunch will be served during the Noon presentation. I truly hope you will attend! In order for us to plan ample food for everyone, please click on the following link to sign up for one of the presentations (so we have a reasonable head count):  https://forms.gle/oaNTMC7Bvo3eNP227

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!

Kindly,

Dean Tilly

Daniel R. Tilly
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs