[Law25] Campbell Law Review - 1L Write On Competition

Tilly, Daniel R. tillyd at campbell.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:22:36 EDT 2023

Dear 1L Students,

Greetings!  I write to strongly encourage you to participate in the write-on competition to gain membership in the Campbell Law Review.  The experience was transformative for my success as a student and later practicing lawyer.  I am not alone.  Law review membership is one of the primary resume achievements hiring partners look for in any person applying for an associate position.  It is practically mandatory for anyone who wants to become a judicial clerk.

Law review is held in the highest regard among members of the legal practice.  I note that our law review members continually stand out as leaders in the law school and as top advocates in competitive advocacy.  The work is rigorous, but the reward is lifelong.

At Campbell Law, and any other law school, students must meet specific qualifications to become a member.  If you haven't yet, please note the information below about becoming a law review member:

  *   The Law Review general interest meeting is being held tomorrow at 12:00pm in Room 105

  *   This year, for the first time, the law review will be hosting a write-on bootcamp from prominent attorneys at BrooksPierce to support students pursuing law review membership.  The Brooks Pierce Write-on Bootcamp will be held on Friday, April 14 at 12:00 pm in room 308.

Please do attend tomorrow's interest meeting.  And then be on the lookout afterward for details about the write-on competition.

Kindly,

Dean Tilly

Daniel R. Tilly
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs