[Law24] Bar Application Completion and Filing

Hinds-Glick, Sha hindsglicks at campbell.edu
Thu Dec 9 10:51:04 EST 2021

Class,

As you complete exams today, your focus is likely (hopefully!) shifting to finishing up the bar application before the deadline on January 4, 2022. The NCBLE has eliminated the notary requirement through December 31, 2021. You will need to file your application with a declaration in lieu of the notary. The NCBLE has posted an example of a declaration on their site https://www.ncble.org/news.action?id=440.

Your completed original application will consist of:

1) the printed (double sided) version of what you submit electronically to NCBLE
2) the signature/acknowledgment page (found on NCBLE)
3) two printed and signed release forms (found on NCBLE)
4) handwriting sample (found on NCBLE)
5) either notarized copies of 2 & 3 OR the declaration form

You will then make a second copy of that complete application. (Don't forget to copy it double sided!)

Place the summary card with your photo attached on top of the original application set and paperclip together. (No staples)

Paperclip together your copied second set of the complete application.

Finally, you will add your attachments. Birth certificates and fingerprint cards must be hard copy submissions. All other items may be sent in hard copy or uploaded in the application process.

I place them in this order (note not all documents will apply to all students):

1) Birth Certificate
2) Fingerprint cards
3) Authorization to run fingerprint form (found on NCBLE)
4) Driving record(s)
5) Transcript requests
6) loan documentation
7) civil court records
8) criminal court records
9) evidence of name change
10) DD-214 (military discharge)

Paperclip all hard copy attachments together.

What you should be placing in the envelope is three paperclipped sections.

PLACE YOUR CHECK UNDER THE TOP PAPERCLIP OF SECTION ONE. DON'T FORGET THE MONEY. THEY WILL NOT FORGIVE NON PAYMENT!

If you choose to register for laptop use now you can add the $125 to the fee and pay $975 now. This can also wait until May.

If you still need guidance in completing the application, I will still schedule meetings with students to assist. I will be scheduling up to December 22, 2021 and then again on January 3, 2022.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

Best,

SHG