[Cusom27] FW: ACOFP '24 National Conference with Family Medicine Club

Bryant, Wendy D wbryant at campbell.edu
Tue Jan 23 11:22:05 EST 2024

This message is being sent on behalf of the Family Medicine Club.

Blessings,
Wendy

Wendy D. Bryant, PhD (ABD)
Assistant Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #123 | 910-893-1846 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01DA4DEE.63783B30]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1846.

Hi everyone,
I hope your week is going well. It is officially time for us to share information about ACOFP '24, the ACOFP's 61st Annual Convention and Scientific Seminars. Last year, 12 of our CUSOM Family Medicine students attended this conference in Orlando, Florida, with costs mainly covered by club funds. This year, we are going to... NEW ORLEANS, LA! Here's what you need to know:
What is it?: ACOFP '24, the premier annual conference for osteopathic Family Medicine physicians in the USA
Requirements: 3.0 GPA to travel for an out-of-state conference, membership in the CUSOM Family Medicine Club
When: April 4th-7th, 2024. Note: First-year students have a test scheduled for April 8th, but will be allowed to take it on Tuesday, April 9th if attending the conference.
Where: The Hilton New Orleans Riverside Convention Center, New Orleans, LA
Accommodations: Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Canal St. French Quarter, 1300 Canal St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, USA
Conference Cost: $0 registration fee
Club Covered Costs: Hotel for 3 nights (Thurs. night through Sun. morning), daily breakfast, one lunch on Friday, and ~$200 in travel funds per person (depending on how many students attend). We've been doing a lot behind the scenes to raise money and minimize your out-of-pocket costs.
Costs Not Covered: Expect $50-$100 extra in travel costs plus any food and activities outside of the conference
Student Schedule: ACOFP '24 Student Programming<https://www.acofp.org/acofpimis/Acofporg/Events/Annual_Convention/Student_Programming/Acofporg/Education_Online_Learning/ACOFP_24_Students.aspx?hkey=14180a74-be55-4bb8-bd93-ccd5044f1efd>
Why should I attend?: You'll be able to network with osteopathic students and physicians from across the country, celebrate our very own Dr. Brian Kessler as he becomes the new President of the ACOFP, learn a lot about what you have to look forward to as a future family medicine physician, and explore the beautiful city of New Orleans in our free time! OMM and clinical skills workshops will be available as well!
Please let us know if you are interested ASAP via this form<https://forms.gle/1pmeQqr9Efr2Y8tw5>. Once filled out, you will receive an email with instructions for what to do next. At the moment, we have 15 spots available to attend this event. If there is additional interest, we may expand our capacity, but it is imperative you fill out our form so we can do this earlier rather than later. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
All the best,
Ryan Taylor, President,  r_taylor1221 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:r_taylor1221 at email.campbell.edu>
Robert Brown, Vice President,  rjbrown1011 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:rjbrown1011 at email.campbell.edu>
Neha Yerubandi, Secretary,  n_yerubandi0427 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:n_yerubandi0427 at email.campbell.edu>