[Cusom27] Helpful Hints for Tomorrow's MSK Trauma Lecture

Powers, James E jpowers at campbell.edu
Mon Feb 12 13:25:03 EST 2024

Dear Class of 2027,

Tomorrow is our first class together so I wanted to share some information that will hopefully be helpful for you (and perhaps ease your mind some 😊).  Sorry this email is a little long but it’s a quick read.

  *   You may notice the PPT has a lot of slides – don’t panic! I create my presentations so they can serve as a resource for you in the future (clinical rotations, boards etc.).

     *   As such, I always include supplemental slides with additional information after the summary and references slides. These slides are for your information/reference only and none of the content from any slide after the regular presentation (ending with the summary) will ever be tested on an exam! You never even have to look at these slides if you don’t want to!

     *   I also include lots of information in the “Notes” section at the bottom of the slides. This information is also supplemental and is provided to expand on the information on the corresponding slide. Nothing in the notes section will ever be tested on an exam!

  *   There are case studies with multiple choice questions embedded in the presentation and we will use Turning Point audience response for those so please be ready to play along 😊.  We go quick though – only about 20 seconds per question so make sure you click in fast.

  *   The key to studying the presentation and preparing for the quiz/exam are the objectives at the beginning of the presentation.

     *   While it may seem like there are a lot of them, they are very specific and every quiz/exam question will come from one of the objectives.
     *   Also, every objective is hyperlinked to the slide that has the information necessary to answer the objective!  That way you can easily quiz yourself and then click on the hyperlink to check your answer.

     *   Any information on slides included in the class presentation (everything before the summary) that is not one of the learning objectives, will not be tested.  So, if you know the objectives, you know everything you need to for the quiz/exam 😊.

I hope this helps some! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Dr. P

Jim Powers, DO, FACEP, FAAEM
Associate Dean for Clinical Integration
Professor of Emergency Medicine
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
jpowers at campbell.edu<mailto:jpowers at campbell.edu> | 910.893.1776

[signature_2289989206]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910.893.7250