[Cusom27] Health & Safety Update

Pipes, Deborah A dpipes at campbell.edu
Thu Feb 8 09:32:15 EST 2024

Sent on behalf of CUSOM Administration:

Dear Students,

As we navigate through the remainder of the flu season and ongoing concerns related to respiratory illnesses (e.g., COVID-19, RSV), please be mindful and ensure the safety and well-being of our academic community. Please exercise judgment regarding interactions with others if feeling unwell. If you are sick, avoid close contact with others and stay home until it is appropriate to return. Additionally, use professional judgment about being around others to prevent further illness spread. If you find yourself feeling unwell and unable to attend class, labs, or other required attendance activities such as tests or quizzes, please remember the following:

Notification: It is your responsibility to notify the appropriate individuals promptly. This action may include your course directors, lab coordinators, Student Affairs, or Med Ed.

Procedures: Refer to the student handbook or academic policies for specific procedures regarding illness-related absences. These guidelines outline the steps you need to take to properly document your absence and make arrangements for any missed coursework or assessments.

By adhering to these procedures, you prioritize your health and contribute to the health and well-being of our colleagues and the smooth operation of our academic community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Regarding COVID Isolation, please familiarize yourself with the following link:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html
[https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/images/your-health-sm.jpg]<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html>
Isolation<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html>
COVID-19 isolation recommendations if you are sick.
www.cdc.gov<http://www.cdc.gov>

Blessings,

Debi

Debi Pipes
Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #115 | 910-893-1784 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01DA5A71.B355A630]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1784.