[Cusom27] WELCOME to CUSOM!

Pipes, Deborah A dpipes at campbell.edu
Mon Feb 6 16:34:22 EST 2023

Hello, CUSOM Class of 2027!

Congratulations, and welcome to CUSOM! :) We are so excited to welcome you as part of our CUSOM Family! My name is Debi Pipes, and I am the Director of Student Affairs. Ms. Janice Taylor is our fabulous Admissions and Student Affairs Coordinator. We will both be doing a LOT of correspondence with you from now until matriculation!

Accepted Students Day
We are planning an in-person Accepted Students Day for the Class of 2027 on Saturday, March 25th.  You may attend by yourself or with one or two guests. Our day will be from 8:15 AM - 3 PM and will include:

  *   Continental-style breakfast
  *   Morning sessions for students and family members
  *   Small group activities for students to meet current first-year medical students
  *   Financial Aid presentation
  *   Student panel and Q&A time
  *   Helpful information sessions to aid you in preparing for med school
  *   Lunch for all guests
  *   Student-led tours of our building
  *   A community showcase featuring local housing vendors

This is a very special day for everyone. It will give you the opportunity to meet your fellow classmates, get to learn more about the curriculum and rotation sites, and meet some of your upper classmates. We also offer the opportunity for your family to learn more about us and get to see what is so special about our school. We will also have a Vendor Fair where you can learn more about our community and places to live around the area.

So that we can prepare for the day, we would ask you to RSVP by clicking on this link: https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/cusom-accepted-students-day-2023/ to complete the registration survey. There is no dress code for the day. You and your family/guests may wear whatever is most comfortable.

*Please fill out the survey by Friday, March 17, 2023.
**Note: Due to space constraints we can only allow 2 guests per student. This event is open to adults only (no children please).

Housing

Below is a link to our current housing list for you to begin looking through as you start looking for housing around CUSOM. The list will constantly be changing as more vendors contact us to advertise properties, so keep checking this Google doc as it will be updated frequently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/150Q75BUivd0bsomHV33slwMNKYLsNesx/view?usp=sharing

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9UplKvatxEVoCBc-bhNeZtxV5fYQoARrd0r2bAHi6ny4Uz6O_Uz3NuqUBPNXfXdTKTQ=w1200-h630-p]<https://drive.google.com/file/d/150Q75BUivd0bsomHV33slwMNKYLsNesx/view?usp=sharing>

Housing List CUSOM.docx<https://drive.google.com/file/d/150Q75BUivd0bsomHV33slwMNKYLsNesx/view?usp=sharing>

drive.google.com

Roommate Questionnaire

We do not match roommates, but we do provide the following Google doc for you to fill out if you are interested in finding a potential roommate. It is the responsibility of the student to reach out to other students who they might want to live with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jYvd9KxB3N6RhXzdA4WKFmjIQ0YyhF3O/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114320023116465058967&rtpof=true&sd=trueOrientation

Orientation
Please be sure to mark your calendars for our mandatory Orientation, which will be Wednesday, July 26 - Friday, July 28th. Plan for each day to go 8am to 5pm. Classes will start on Monday, July 31st. More details on Orientation will be sent out later in the Spring.

2023-2024 Academic Calendar

Attached is the approved version of the Academic Calendar for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please review it in its entirety. It is always subject to change, but it should be pretty established at this point. Detailed block schedules and class-specific calendars will be sent out at a later date.

Class of 2027 Facebook Page

We have created a Class of 2027 Facebook Group:

[cid:image001.png at 01D92F4A.C8BF35C0]

Our groups are closed so students can have good, engaging conversations without being exposed to the entire public domain. You can go to our Facebook page and request to be added.  If you have trouble, please let us know.

Books & Clinical Skills Equipment

  *   Our Medical Library Team will be putting together your book list over the summer. Most are electronic books.
  *   You will receive this book list in late July/early August, so there is nothing to purchase right now.
  *   Our Clinical Education Team will be updating your clinical skills equipment list and this will be sent to you early in the summer. No items need to be purchased before the start of class except for a short, white consultation lab coat, which may be purchased on Amazon.
  *   Most students purchase scrubs to wear in the Anatomy Lab, but they are not required.

General Information

Please make sure you turn in all of your matriculation documentation prior to your deadline.

If you have any changes in your status or have any questions about matriculation, please email or reach out to cusomadmissions at campbell.edu<mailto:cusomadmissions at campbell.edu> or call (910) 893-1770.

Below is the contact information of the various departments should you need to get in touch with them:

Office of the Registrar

Lou Naylor

(910) 893-1749

naylor at campbell.edu<mailto:naylor at campbell.edu>

Office of Financial Aid
Ben Severin

(910) 893-1317

bseverin at campbell.edu<mailto:bseverin at campbell.edu>

Office of Clinical Education

Allie Schofield

(910) 893-7065

aschofield at campbell.edu<mailto:aschofield at campbell.edu>

Student Affairs

The Office of Student Affairs is always here for you to help with any questions or concerns you may have.

My email is dpipes at campbell.edu<mailto:dpipes at campbell.edu> and my phone is (910) 893-1784.

Janice's email is jtaylor at campbell.edu<mailto:jparrish at campbell.edu> and her phone is (910) 814-4942.

See you soon! :)

Blessings,

Debi

Debi Pipes
Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #123 | 910-893-1784 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image002.png at 01D92F4A.C8BF35C0]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1784.