[Cusom27] OUTREACH! September 9 - Coharie Pow Wow

Johnson, Kristin L kljohnson at campbell.edu
Thu Aug 17 13:03:10 EDT 2023

[cid:image001.png at 01D9D0F5.06406A30]
Good afternoon!
Below is the link to sign up for an upcoming outreach at the Coharie Tribe annual Pow Wow on September 9th.
We will be working with CPHS and other community organizations to provide a health screening clinic for the Coharie Tribe's annual event.  Students will be involved in diabetes screening, A1C screening and OMM. Please be aware that CPHS will also be offering a variety of other public health screenings and you may be asked to assist with their stations (ie. Cancer screenings, nutrition information, immunizations).  We will help CPHS determine which CUSOM students are prepared to assist with procedure stations like immunizations.
When: September 9, 2023
Times: 10 am - 2 pm (Please arrive to CUSOM by 8am to ride to the event - we should get back to CUSOM by 4pm)
Where: Coharie Indian Tribal Center at 7531 US-421, Clinton, NC 28328 (approximately 45 minute drive from CUSOM)
There will be food trucks available, so feel free to bring money for those or a lunch with you.
Sign up here:
https://forms.gle/1jycTi6ipAA7AjGo7
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the uniqueness of this outreach, I may have to pick from the students who have signed up in order to provide CPHS with the best team to provided services. I will as always go with the 1st 15 students who sign up, and create a waiting list if needed, but I wanted you to be aware of this unique scenario. I'll send a notice to the team approved for this outreach so you have confirmation. If someone drops out, I'll reach out to the next person on the list.
Please let me know if you have any questions.  We would love to have you join us!
Enjoy your day,

Kristin Johnson
Administrative Director of Community and Global Health
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
4350 US 421 South | Lillington, NC  27546
Levine Hall | Room 125
910-893-7982 (direct)
910-893-7240 (fax)
kljohnson at campbell.edu<mailto:kljohnson at campbell.edu>

[cid:image002.png at 01D9D0F5.06406A30]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-7982.