[Cusom27] Lecture clarification

Fink, Christopher cfink at campbell.edu
Tue Aug 1 13:08:06 EDT 2023

Hello everyone,

It was great to see you all today and meet those of you who introduced yourselves after class.  I wanted to make a clarification about what I would like you to know about the diseases introduced today.

For the lysosomal storage disorders and Zellweger spectrum disorders, just know the name, enzyme/gene, and the reaction affected. Don't worry about the presentation. There will be plenty of time for that over the next two years

The diseases I would like you to know a little more in depth, including the general patient presentation are mitochondrial disorders, I-Cell disease, Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria, and Clostridum Perfringens. For these, just know what is on the slide.

I hope this helps, and please know that my door is open. So if you would ever like to schedule a time to talk, just let me know. I am in office 181 in the Levine Building.

Best,

Christopher Fink, D.O.

Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Genetics

Department of Biochemistry and Genetics

Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine

(910) 893-1223 (direct)

(910) 893-7242 (fax)

cfink at campbell.edu<mailto:cfink at campbell.edu>

Post Office Box 4280