[PT2021] HEADS UP! Neuro Stuff Coming Your Way

Owens, Lyndsey lrowens0306 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:39:42 EDT 2021

Watch your heads!

Neuro SIG is meeting to discuss some awesome stuff *Sunday, October 17th,
2021 at 6:30pm*!!!!
Zoom link: https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/92698446593
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/92698446593&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1632061947536063&usg=AOvVaw20A6vbFe6uyaqUXa_tqF72>

   - *Basal Ganglia Review *from our amazing DPT1s! Stay tuned for more
   information to join us on *21 October at 12:15pm*!

   - *Dr. Beck of Rock Steady Boxing in Pinehurst* is going to speak to us
   about working with Parkinson's patients in a dynamic and fun way. Submit
   your questions, here
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ESyF44eNu1wh7hxe6rl9_NJL9qdgC0VsLrj6TeMvb5o/edit#heading=h.jz2yz3mlc1ca>
   .
      - The lunch and learn will be held via Zoom on *25 October at 12:10pm*
      .
      - Zoom link:
      https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/92868472431?pwd=N0lUYzJuRVZ5TW5FQ0F1bzFKbnNadz09

   -
   - *Dr. Nelson of Destination Rehabilitation* is going to speak to us
   about working with neuro patients in the outdoors, in Bend, Oregon. Submit
   your questions, here
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q2R3iELx5H15Jv0fSnQLpEe9tWNDS21HOOSI6_jra9E/edit?usp=sharing>
   .
   - The lunch and learn will be held via Zoom on *17 November at 12:10pm*.
      - Zoom link: https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/98401344100
   - *Exam reviews:*
      - Next Neuroscience Exam (DPT1) Tutor review is scheduled for *6
      October at 6pm*. It will be held in person and on Zoom. Stay tuned
      for Chandler and John to give more information. 2s can attend too! Come
      learn.
      - Next Neurological Practice exam Kahoot will be held *21 November at
      6pm*. Kelly has done a lot to organize this effort for a review
      kahoot.
   - *NeuroWellness apparel! STAY TUNED!*
   - Lunch and Learns / Interviews in the works:
      - Dr. Goodine of Empower SCI – Coming January 2022
      - Exoskeleton at WakeMed – Stay tuned for the Madisons to send out
      feelers on who would be interested in learning more.
   - If you have interest in learning more about neuro rehab,
   NeuroCollaborative <https://www.neurocollaborative.com/webinars> is a
   great resource. For example, I know that someone spoke about interest in
   robotics and VR with neuro rehabilitation: NeuroCollaborative webinar
   <https://www.neurocollaborative.com/post-vr>
   - Other ideas and notions, not yet underway:
      - Justin Davis’s mom is a CRNA and could talk to us about what they do
      - Concussion science with Mr. Green (AT) or Mihaliks (prof at UNC)
      - Dr. Faw to talk about his research
      - Bake Sale for a worthy cause
      - Robotics and VR in Neuro Rehab
   - We were played out by Juxta and it was amazing.

TLDR: We are doing a butt-ton of fun stuff and our next organizational
meeting is *17 October at 6:30pm*. Come get your ideas off the ground, and
make your neuro dreams come true.

See y'all there!

*Lyndsey Owens, SPT*

Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate
Class of 2022
Campbell University | College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Contact (918) 404-4001 | lrowens0306 at email.campbell.edu