[Phar25] ASHP Midyear Interest

Walker, Harrison hewalker0304 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Sep 22 23:13:20 EDT 2021

Hey everyone,

*If you are interested in attending ASHP Midyear this December, please read
the following email carefully.*

The circumstances surrounding this year's Midyear conference are unique.
Although last year's registration fee for the virtual conference was free
to students who paid the national ASHP dues, this year they are not waiving
the registration fee for the virtual conference. We have the unique
opportunity to attend the largest annual pharmacist conference in the
country without having to plan any travel accommodations or figure out a
budget. This means there is much higher interest than normal from students
wanting to attend. It has also been tradition at this program for active
SSHP members who attend Midyear in person to be eligible for partial
reimbursements of their travel expenses.

After assessing the PSEB budget and discussing with other organizational
leaders, it dawned on me that there may be more interest in attending
virtual Midyear than I had previously anticipated. The original plan was to
request partial reimbursement for registration fees since travel expenses
are not required. Because of these unique circumstances, if this plan were
to hold true it could effectively deplete the PSEB funds. *So the current
SSHP Midyear reimbursement plan needs to be modified.*

In order to proceed with the plan modification I need to gauge the interest
of all students who are considering attending Midyear. I have provided an
Excel sheet for you to fill out to gauge the level of interest. Be as
honest as possible about whether you are planning on attending or if you're
merely interested or curious about what goes on. *Priority for
reimbursements will most likely go to P4 students and P3/P2 students who
are presenting research. *The modifications will proceed based upon the
overall interest levels among the classes. You can visit ashp.org for
specific details about Midyear, including the cost of the fees.

Thank you for your understanding. Please add your information to the form
no later than *October 4th*. Stay tuned for more clarification and
information shortly after that time.

Best regards,

 ASHP Midyear 2021 Interest Form
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JEE4_wWekc6yOeYQL9OZ2cCrMV6RcVF4-j4ydPQmMrU/edit?usp=drive_web>

--
*Harrison E. Walker*
Campbell University | College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences