[Phar25] READ! YOU could Be the Match!

Martin, Kelly kemartin0320 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Oct 25 08:00:00 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kelly Martin and I am a DPT2 student here at Campbell. A group
of my classmates and fellow DPT1 students will be hosting a *Be The Match
drive* throughout this week *(October 25-29th)* from *12pm to 1pm.* We will
be located *in the lobby of Smith Hall *to raise awareness of Be The Match,
have a station set up with kits for potential donors to join the registry,
along with opportunities to join the registry remotely through our text to
join code.

For people with life-threatening blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma,
or those suffering from other life-threatening diseases, a cure exists.  Be
The Match, operated by the National Marrow Donor Program, is a non-profit
organization dedicated to helping blood cancer patients find the
life-saving marrow transplant they need to survive.

Be The Match exists because:

   1. Every 3 minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer like
   leukemia.
   2. For many, a marrow transplant is their only chance at survival.
   3. 70% of patients do not have a fully matched donor in their family.

That’s where you come in! We need as many people as possible to join the
marrow registry. No matter who you are, you could be someone’s only genetic
match. Ethnicity is part of matching, and everyone should have an equal
chance at a match. A large and diverse registry means more potential cures,
because a patient is most likely to match with someone of the same ethnic
background. YOU could be someone’s cure and that’s why we need YOU to join
the registry.

We hope to see everyone at our drive *this week 12-1pm* in *the lobby of
Smith Hall.* We will have a table set up and goodies for you to find out
more and join for the opportunity to Be the Match!

#CUontheregistry

Sincerely,

*Kelly Martin, SPT*
*Campbell University Doctor of Physical Therapy Student*
*Pro Bono Board Technology Chair*
*Class of 2022 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Representative*
kemartin0320 at email.campbell.edu

Pronouns: she, her